NP 8/11-12 good fishing and not so good - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NP 8/11-12 good fishing and not so good

On the ride out I was marking quite a few fish inside so we set up just inside the hill. We hooked up a few fish on the rigger with a mag ultra glow right off the bottom but didnít get the fish to the box. I worked out to the outside of the third hill and found the fish were sticking better. The slide diver with the ultra glow blueberry muffin and bloody nose on the other side were the hot rods for the first half of the trip. 1 was back 115 and the other was 150. As the sun came up we moved out to he 120 - 130 range and then the leadcore picked up. We even had a triple hook up with leadcore and 1 diver, and boated all 3 fish. I had quite a few marks up high so I kept the 5 color with a rasberry dolphin out, and it paid off wit ha really nice king. The king put on one of the best fights we have had this year, he made some many good strong run that the reel was hot to the touch. Stinger blue thunder and the back baboon mag were the best baits out deeper

For the afternoon trip my crew had to push the start time back to 3pm, the only problem was the harbor was due to close at 7:30. So we headed out to the 130's and went on to miss quite a few fish. We worked our way out to the 160's and picked away. The slide diver back 150 with the bloody nose singer was the stud rod for the number of hits. Around 5 we headed back west towards the hill to see if we could find some kings looking for dinner. At the 120 level we ran into a school of Coho, going 3 for 4. We kept heading west looking for kings and once we got to the 90' mark we had a good king hook up on the blue thunder off a 10 color of lead. After boating the king the SWR with a smurf down 50 took its first hit, but came unbuttoned before we got a look at him. With 2 rods out of the water and only 15 minutes to get back in we pulled rods and powered in with 4 minutes to spare.

We got on the water at 5:30 and setup just inside the hill and we had action right off the bat. The flasher fly setup were the ticket early, but getting fish to the box proved to be a task. While hooked up on the a good king off the swr with a glow smurf we got out a bit deeper and lost our action. Once we got back into the 85 - 75 range we got back into the fish. We trolled south for quite some time tiring to get away from the pack of boat that seemed to follow us. Our action was pretty consistent then entire trip south till around 9:30 - 10 when most of the boats moved to deeper water. We kept working the 85 - 95 range and the leadcore with green thunder and the slide diver down 150 with glow blue berry muffin kept picking up fish. Once the pack of boat move east of us, we started picking up rainbows. The best bow was just a touch over 13 and had that real nice pink stripe. We ended the trip 11 for 28, with a lot of bow jumping up giving us the fin and shaking the hook.

We started the afternoon trip around 2pm and with talking-to other charters found the bite had moved out to the 170 range. We setup in 165 and trolled east, right away I knew a current had set up. We had 78 on the surface and down 60 we still had water temps in the 60's. Our speed at the balls was 2.3 but our sog was 3.3 - 3.4 We did get a bite on the SWR smurf down 75 right after I set it, but after a few good rips on the drag he was gone. I reset the rod and not 10 minutes later it was hooked up on a king. We boated a 10 - 12# king when I saw the white plastic aqua fly down 55 had tripped. I thought the fish was gone but we got lucky and had boated a small laker. We went with out a it for a while and had gotten out to 215 fow so I turned back west and we hooked up on the leadcore wit ha black baboon mag. It was a bow that was jumping before the board and moved. Once we got the board in we were treated to a few more jumps before we boat a 9# rainbow that thought he could fly. Then the someone flipped a switch and the bite died. Then to top it all off the flies came out in force, so we wrapped it up early.

The Little King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in