Bad News/Good News - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bad News/Good News

One week ago today we lost our 12yr old Walkers Coonhound spud. He was a great tree dog and even better family dog who spent countless hours with me watching TV. He developed diabetis about a year ago, and even though I gave him a shot of insulin daily he went blind and got real sick the week before he died. Had to put him down as he was suffering. But still it tears a person up to do so. It really hit us both hard. He was a great freind and companion......

Its strange how other dogs take loosing a dog they live with. My lab looked about as sad as we were. Would start howling when alone. The vet said he lived with Spud his whole life so he was missing him. Told us to get him a new buddy. So, we just ordered a ladners Blackmouth Cur from MS. They are great tree dogs for squirrel and coon, and will track and bay hogs. Here is a pic of the new pups dad in action. Looking forward to the new guys training......but Spud will always be missed.

Ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

sorry for your lost.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter_4_Life

As we talked before this is the hardest thing to go through there still isn't a day that Donna and I don't think about snuggles. We feel your pain and our thoughts go out to you. Hopefully with the new addition to your family will help ease the pain.

Jamie and Donna
Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

sorry to hear of your loss!
Best of luck with the new pup!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

There is a definate impact on a dog when its loses its companion. my family friend had a doberman and a tibetan terrier. about year ago the Buckeye (the doberman) got sick which got progressively worse. eventually they had to put her down. Suzy (tibetan) was never the same. she had always been a little heavy and after they put buckeye down suzy lost a lot weight, was not as active and acted as if she were very depressed. eventually they had to put her down because she lost her best friend. Its interesting to see how much this type of thing can affect a dog. im sure the same thing happens when a dog losses an owner.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
leaddog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in