Shabbona report 12/28/02 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2002, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shabbona report 12/28/02

fished the no motor zone from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m - this was the first trip for the new Vexilar FL-18 - the Vex did not disappoint - I used it to check holes drilled by earlier fishermen - I did not mark any fish - I drilled my own hole near a pile of trees around 4:00 p.m - the Vex marked fish near the bottom - I caught four small crappies and one small perch on an ice jig tipped with spikes - it was cool to see them come off the bottom to meet my jig - the ice was a solid four inches - there were about 20 fishermen there when I pulled in - there were walking around the NMZ, around both sides of Somonauk Point (pier #1) and out to the campground cribs - however, it looked like that was as far as one could go since much of the middle of the lake is still open water (lots of geese in the water) - by the way, I could not get any bites on waxworms or minnows, and the bites I did get were very light - I had many more fish come look at the jig but not bite it - anyway, thank you Santa Wife for the new Vex - I think it might be one of the best gifts ever - as always, good fishing to all.
Lunker Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in