» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Outdoors Discussion (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   From the owner: Chicago's NEW SPORTSHOW (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64570)

America's Outdoor Show 11-17-2009 06:37 PM

From the owner: Chicago's NEW SPORTSHOW

Been talking with Ed... America's Outdoor Show is gonna be a sponsor of ChicagolandFishing.com

Let's get one thing straight... I am from Boston... but I am spending almost everyother week in Chicago.

You guys will not recognize "the rosemont show" when you get there.

Ed said you guys will "bring it" ... so anyone who wants to ask me a question--- as the owner of the show, bring it!

Ed 11-17-2009 06:45 PM

Have at it guys.
Really, I have spoken with Jim and he thought my suggestion of just letting folks ask him whatever was a good one.
So if you have ideas, questions, gripes about past shows, Jim wants to hear it.
Don't pound on him too bad (ok, who am I kidding, from you guys?) but here is a chance to talk straight with the owner of the show.
Concerns? Questions?
Bring it!

We will be working on their banner and hope to have it up soon.

mops7 11-17-2009 08:29 PM

Well I'd like to be the 1st to welcome you to the site. I've been trying to get people to go to the show for years. I'll admit that it has gone down in recent years, but I've still gone. I'll be there this year. Hopefully it will be a whole new show. Good Luck. Mops

big saw 11-17-2009 10:00 PM

Welcome to the site ! Glad to have you. Now to the really important stuff. Will I be able to buy my "Magic Carpet Shampoo", my "Willie Wonka Super Chocolate Maker", and my "Infinite Stickum Glue" that turns to rock after you open it one time. Or will I be at a sports show like I remember all the way back to when the show was at the stockyards ? It would be nice to go to a place where you can still bargain, and look at fishing and hunting gear that one can use instead of the aisles of junk like it's been at Rosemont for years. And really welcome to the site !

joeyl 11-17-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

I remember all the way back to when the show was at the stockyards
My grandfather used to take me when I was young, it was at the Ampitheater, my favorite was the booth where you could shoot a rifle (22shorts) and climbing through all the rv's on display.

Choupiquer 11-18-2009 04:58 AM

Red Sox suck! ;)

America's Outdoor Show 11-18-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mops7
Well I'd like to be the 1st to welcome you to the site. I've been trying to get people to go to the show for years. I'll admit that it has gone down in recent years, but I've still gone. I'll be there this year. Hopefully it will be a whole new show. Good Luck. Mops

Hey Mops... it will be quite different- back to basics-- earning everyone's trust after it's been lost, is a challenge I welcome. Would be great if this, our community, spreads the word. I an OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT SPECIAL EVENTS YOU WOULD LIKE.

America's Outdoor Show 11-18-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big saw
Welcome to the site ! Glad to have you. Now to the really important stuff. Will I be able to buy my "Magic Carpet Shampoo", my "Willie Wonka Super Chocolate Maker", and my "Infinite Stickum Glue" that turns to rock after you open it one time. Or will I be at a sports show like I remember all the way back to when the show was at the stockyards ? It would be nice to go to a place where you can still bargain, and look at fishing and hunting gear that one can use instead of the aisles of junk like it's been at Rosemont for years. And really welcome to the site !

No more flea market look, no more junk- shampoo or glue. Back to basics for anglers and hunters-- although as I am learning Chicago is more fishing than hunting! think of one idea that I can use to create the wow factor. thanks and please spread the word:))

America's Outdoor Show 11-18-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupiquer
Red Sox suck! ;)

Hey, how about my Patriots... looks like the Bears and Patriots will be taking early showers this season... but I did agree with the decision to go for it on 4th down-- gotta go for the jugular especially with the defense nonexistent :lol:

America's Outdoor Show 11-18-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyl
Quote:

I remember all the way back to when the show was at the stockyards
My grandfather used to take me when I was young, it was at the Ampitheater, my favorite was the booth where you could shoot a rifle (22shorts) and climbing through all the rv's on display.

amazing how many stories I have heard--- seems like everyone has a connection to this show. I will turn this ship around to bring back the greatness of the past... need a few great ideas and a great community to spread the word :)