Electronic Fishing License - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
WC

Default Electronic Fishing License

Does anyone know, or has anyone tried to use a scanned copy of your fishing license stored in a smart phone as proof of purchasing it? I'm a 99% shore angler and use several different tackles backpacks depending on the quest. I buy my license on-line and print 3-4 copies every year since i tend to lose them among the various tackle bags. Would an electronic copy be valid?
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Electronic Fishing License

I can't answer that with 100% certainty. Even though I essentially do the same thing as you, I have never been asked for my license.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Good question - I scanned mine and saved it to my iPhone. It's it sufficient? No idea, but next time I see a conservation officer, I plan to show him the paper license and then ask him his opinion.
Rooger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
OZ
Administrator

I thought the license had to have your (original) signature so if you print off 10 copies you need to sign every one. Don't think signing one and then Xeroxing it will be legal???
OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

No, it would not be legal under the letter of the law... Same thing if you get pulled over and then show the officer a scanned copy of your driver's license...

Would a CPO accept it? Maybe, but I wouldn't take the chance...
Old 06-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

How's about printing 5 or 6 copies instead?

I would think since no original signature, no good. A lot would depend on the mood of the CPO and your reaction to being checked.

I print and sign multiple copies as do most people I would imagine. One in each tackle box, one in my wallet, one in each of my vehicles - boat too if I still had one. And lastly, I keep a copy in a file here at home just in case I happen to lose all of those copies - lol! My thoughts are IF I lose all of those copies, then I should be at home under guidance and on my Altzheimers meds vs. out and about fishing. I've never even lost ONE copy, but I'm pretty retentive about losing my stuff....
815-744-1380
Mount Album: https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...y-fishart.html
>>Check out our new website!!!!<<
http://WWW.FishSpecialties.NET
FishArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree.........print a pile of them then sign each one. One in the truck, boat(s), tackle box(es), wallet, wife's purse(s). Believe me when I say everywhere!!!
Rangerdeepv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

i made myself a guinea pig.. as i only carry my smart phone with a PDF of my license. now, will i get checked in IL anytime soon, doubt it... but if i do i'll show the PDF. if i get a poaching ticket, i'll let ya know!!
mplant1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
WC

I guess first one to try it, let us all know since I see I'm not alone. IF I get checked (I fish DuPage with regularity and they seem to be the best at checking, so I will first whip out the iPhone copy and see what happens. And I do keep copies of the license in the various tackle bags but since I always go with my son and if he wanders off with the bag I grab my license, it goes in my pants pocket, then eventually the washing machine....Probably need to go with multiple copies in each bag.

Old age is ****...
Old 06-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

I don't do the online thing. I just go to the hardware store, hand em last years license, they print me out a new - nice and small. Fits right into my wallet and stays there until I get next years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in