Salmonfever takes no prisoners, slays 'ho's new boat w/pics - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2003, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Salmonfever takes no prisoners, slays 'ho's new boat w/pics

Hey Big you missed the first great!!! day of coho fishing!!! The water was very bad though at times it looked like a scene from the perfect storm!!! The coho on the other hand were cooperating We got 6!!!!

you missed at great time!!! Although not sure what type of boat you have as Mine was at its limit (allmost) and a windshield was very handy!!!

hope you make it out there soon as I will have to wait till next sunday
got the work thing going on all this week including sat. But I will definatly be there next Sunday! if your there look for me and say hello I always launch right at 5am when the place opens!!! look for this boat

oh by the way the smallest fish was 18inches and the biggest was 22 inches
heres a better pic of the fish!!!
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2003, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gus

Good Gosh!!!!!!! FANTASTIC, Rob!!!!!

It's just wornderful to see success like that. If you don't mind my opinion, that reply deserves it's own thread.

Looking foreward to more.
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2003, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default nice catch rob~~!

da,mm rob good job bud.. thxs 4 rubbin it in~~! just kiddin... well there wont b no drinkin next sat night~~! see u there bud ... oh by the way nice boat~~ ill look u up~~ great news thxs man~~!
bigfishxej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2003, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default coho~~

hey rob forgot to ask ya ... last year i did good trolling a orange jointed j 9~~ ... rapla.... whats hot this year... did u troll the wall by inland...... thxs again~~.. u need a partner next week?.... my e mail is [email protected]. give me a shout~~
bigfishxej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2003, 06:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

We tried everything in the boat dodgers and flies, little cleos, spoons, and alot of body baits, but the firetiger rapala flatlined was the ticket!!! We caught a few more but with the wind and waves ended up doing the quick release thing Sory Big fish next week I will have three in the boat as it is
Old 04-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

There may be kings in the area now too. I caught a 13 pounder late Saturday afternoon at Waukegan on a shiner floated off the bottom. The stomach cavity was completely empty Saw atleast one more cruising in the area.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2003, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanx for the heads up stinger I will have to dedicate a line in search of them also. I usually wouldnt do so for another 3 to 4 weeks but you cant argue with a verified catch!!!! I just hope the coho keep going the way they were Sunday, and if the Kings and Browns make a showing like they did last year watch out and hold on because it would be some fine fishing indeed!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default 'ho's

-you do mean cohos and not the other kinda '
"ho's"... just kiddin!!! just couldn't resist the heading...
lars q is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

salmonfever, I am also from midlothian thought i would share what has been working for us. orange dodger green and blue fly half ounce weight on the birds has been hot. flatlines littlerippers has been the hot lure for us. inland wall cal harbour gary light all been decent.the charter boats been getting them there just not talking. nice fish see ya on the water.good fishen
evil dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in