Case Plastics - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2003, 09:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Case Plastics

I want to thank all of you for the wealth of information that comes forth on this discussion board. I have just begun to get into fishing the river and your discussions have proven quite helpful. Brandyn, you are quite a fisherman and your posts have been great to read! Happy birthday!

I fished the Batavia dam yesterday and hammered white bass on a 1/8 oz. white jig head and 3 " white power grub but I was looking for smallies. I fished above and below and besides the white bass, didn't get much for 3-4 hours. I finally decided to rig up some of the Case plastics I bought as a direct result of reading Brandyn's posts. I first tried a pumpkin seed Helgie (only color Midwest had) and the first cast produced a little smallie. The second cast got me on one a little bigger. I got a few more throughout the day. It was the only bait I could get smallies on all day and I was grateful for the information.

Thanks again guys and, Brandyn, if you are ever looking for someone to fish with, I'm available most days as I bartend at night...email me. I'd love to see you land one of those pigs!!! Also, what's the best way to rig and work the helgies and madtoms???
jluce777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I rig the Helgies with just a regular jig head 1/16th ounce and hook it the same way you hook a twister tail. For the larger Helgies I prefer the 1/16th ounce jig heads with the longer hooks. You can find these at Cabelas.

For the Paddle Stiks I just use a simple texas rig or a plain hook with a spit shot and hook the Paddle Stik right in the nose.

Case Plastics are great, but there are other baits that work well also. I use Tubes, Twisters, and many others. Experiment and have fun.

Crankbaits are also a good choice.

Thanks!
Brandyn
BrandynS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2003, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

Here is a picture of some ways to rig them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in