Limit - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Limit

Hi Guys, I have a question on limits.
When taking a kid fishing (under 16) does he or she get their own limit or do the fish caught count towards the license holders limit. I.E. 1 kid = 10 trout or salmon. 2 kids = 15 trout or salmon and so on? Not that i am taking 10 kids fishing so I can take home 55 fish but I do take my nephew and if the fish are biting the trip is over before it even gets started.
smeltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2004, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Each individual fisherman is allowed their own limit. Just make sure that one fisherman doesn't take extra for another fisherman who didn't catch their limit. That would be a violation and ya never know when your being watched.
JDSPINNERS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2004, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

One other piece of advice, Keep your fish separate or tagged. I was fishing with a friend and the CPO "let it pass this time" but did warn me that if there was more than one angler fishing from the shore the creels must be separated or tagged in such a manner that the creels were seperated or distinguishable as to who's were who's.
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2004, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

keeping the catch separate is kind of a hard one to get ticketed on.
1 no where in the regs does it say you have to keep your creel separate.
2 After taking with a few CPO's only 1 out of the 4 I talked to said they had to be kept separate. I then asked the how he would explain the coolers the come in with the charter boats, and really dint get much of an answer

The Little King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2004, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you have a live well, or keep them in the drink, the trip wouldnt be over.............just keep keepin the biggest ones. :wink:
bassmastr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2004, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another note. When coming back from Minnesota one year, 3 of us drove home while my uncles and cousins flew back. We had our 3 limits of Walleye and about 350 Perch (At the time, the limit on Perch was 100). We were taking back fish for my uncles also. And, we had one of my uncle's licenses with us thinking that was acceptable. It was not.

They had a roadblock in Hackensack Minnesota and the DNR was pulling over all fishermen to check for violations. Luckily for us, we only had our (3) limits of Walleye. The Minnesota DNR really only seemed interested in the Walleye and didn't care too much about the Perch. He said we were in violation with the Perch. Carrying another person's licese was not good enough. But, he just gave us a verbal and sent us on our way.

I've never heard the keeping it separate rule. As far as fish goes that is. Possession of ducks or geese is about the only thing I've ever heard about keeping harvests separate. Or if upland hunting, just making sure you're not carrying over your limit is acceptable. I don't think the DNR cares who's bird it is.

But it doesn't surprise me that the DNR is unclear on this one. Half of the Illinois DNR's R&R's are "subject to the CPO's interpretation"...
815-744-1380
Mount Album: https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...y-fishart.html
>>Check out our new website!!!!<<
http://WWW.FishSpecialties.NET
FishArt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in