Suggestions for Canadian Trip For Muskies - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Suggestions for Canadian Trip For Muskies

Hello:

My brother and I are planning yet another trip into the Great White North for some Musky fishing... I am looking for some suggestions for a lake/lodge.

I have been to Eagle Lake a couple of times before. The advantages to going to this lake is that it is familiar.

The disadvantage is that in two outing to this lake, we have caught a total of 1 small muskie while trolling. Raised several... several big ones, but never caught them.

Suggestions for destinations please

RickB
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Theres a couple of nice resorts in Minaki Ont. Birch Island is the one I used to go to, nice accomodations and big Muskies in that system. Can't remember the other resorts they looked just as nice.

Bricky
bricky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2004, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Ontario Musky

The east side of Lac Seul my friend and Lake of the Woods.
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Musky Tyme

I have the same dilemna as you, I ended up choosing Lower Manitou Lake this year. From the lakes I have fished, I would highly reccomend Canyon lake which is right by Eagle Lake. It is loaded with muskies, in fact they are right off your dock. I brought guys up there who had never fished in their lives hardly and they caught a few. I personally only caught 4 in a week, but I raised a ton, and I was just learning the Lake and also a beginner Musky fisherman at the time. I know if i went back i could hammer them. The only thing i didn't like was the lack of any pike fishing for those down periods of time during a day. I also fished Cliff Lake, where I have seen many large ski's. They have some smaller lakes connected to it that you can portage into via a creek, last year I caught 6 in one day, though the size was nothing bigger then Mid 30's it was a blast.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Canadian Muskies

Canyon Lake has HUGE FISH! Fish the downed trees for both Ski's and Walleye. Good Luck.
johnycol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2004, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Look into Cedar Lake at Perrault Falls. It's about 30 miles north of Vermillion Bay. It's got musky and good walleye and also plenty of smallmouth.
fshrman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

i just got back from canyon lake. i agree - lots of muskies. i will NEVER go to Blyth's Canyon Lake Lodge again! in fact, i can't emphasize enough that i think its a bad idea to go there. if you're interested in knowing more, let me know.
likethepike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2004, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Try Monument Bay Lodge on Lake of the Woods.
Jim Saric runs a Musky Hunter school there and they average
a little over a fish per man per day. Saric is the best and he is very high
on this location. Good food and good people as well. They will help get
you onto the fish.
SteveSarley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in