Looking for fishing partner(s) for LM - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for fishing partner(s) for LM

I'm looking for fishing partners interested in trolling in Lake Michigan out of Waukegan.

Here's what I have:

A 2001 deep v, 18 foot boat. It has an Excellent 4 cly engine (easy on gas, 68 hrs on the meter), recent tune up, and all the safety equipment.
4 new rods with line counter reels.
Flys, dodgers, spoons, dipsys, yellow birds, and a nice selection of popular spoons.

This is what I lack:
Experience. The equipment is all new and has never been used.

I've been on a few charters and have been fishing (from shore) for years, and done lots of research. HOWEVER, I am new to boating and think having a fishing parter to help launch the boat, load the boat, and help watch my back on the big pond would be an wonderful idea. Oh yeah, we can catch fish and have fun too.

So here is the deal: I provide the boat and equipment, we split launch fee, you chip in for gas (whatever you feel is fair). and you help me get the boat in and out of the water. We split what ever we catch but this may be mute since I'm new to trolling and still learning.

I go out only on weekends and only when the Lake and weather is relatively calm. Safety first, fish second. So that's the deal, if your interested drop me a line at [email protected].

Thanks,
Stan
skizior8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just a question for ya?

Looked at your profile & ya don't specify your location. Just curious how far you have to travel?

Week-ends only? or?

I'll e-mail you for further brain-pickin (check ur pm also) & explain of maybe a counter offer on my boat out off North Point, switch & trade type of thing.

I'm all set up, but because of ill health cold, fluid in lungs that has been going on for over 3 weeks. I have'nt even got my boat out of storage, But this weekend I'm hoping to do that with 1st., a shakedown cruise of the year.

My rules are;
I NEVER go out alone!
Never go out unless both my main & kicker are'nt 100%
ALL ELECTRONICS are 100%
Everything on the boat is in COMPLIANCE to our INLAND OCEAN safety guidelines.
& yes, I go out to enjoy myself not to get bounced around.

SO I'M ANAL :P

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ur e-mail does not work, comes back "fatal error' ??????????

[email protected].
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default tough crowd here

Hey fellas my only issue is I can only do Sundays and Mondays. Worst case lets share some information. I also have a boat just smaller than both of yours. Have lots of gear and tackle and have a good friend who ties the most awesome flies on the lake and catch fish. LMK when you guys are going out? I have a season launch pass too.
GLGF
Fin
Finatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

washhusky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Boating out of Waukegan

My thoughts are we could really have some good outings if we all put our minds together and get out and fish together even if we take 2 boats. Fonzie is welcome in my boat anytime. Fonzie we have to get out to Lake Wisconsin and do some boating now. Lets get this fishing party started I pm'd all of you guys lets put the smack down on some fish.
GLGF
Fin
Finatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default Party Up

Nikster, sorry about that. I did send you and e-mail to the address you provided me. I suspect the error maybe on your side (since I did get other e-mails there) so you may not have recieved it.

Fin, My boat is open to you any time and I like your idea, if you all send me your names, avialablity, and e-mails addresses I'll try and coordinate for everyone.

I'll reply to everyone who sent me a message today and we can work out some dates. FYI I live in Round Lake Beach so we can even car pool if you live near by.

Thanks

PS here's how I've rigged my rod holders (soild Oak and stainless hardware):

skizior8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in