St Joes, MI Walleyes.. Does anyone has any interest? - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to PeterB
Default St Joes, MI Walleyes.. Does anyone has any interest?

FYI - Gary mentioned they have hooked two 12lbrs and one 8lbr along with multiple eaters over the past few days ..

Water temps are right in the high 30's and weather forecast is scheduled mid 40's

Moom patern is right at 5/6 days after full moon. Everything seems in order for a fun time chasing eyes.

If any CLFrs have any interest in partnering up for a Golden Eyes Charter on a 24' heated John boat with professional guide Gary DeLarosa $125 on the Joes River this Friday 18th. Leaving O'Hare area at about 1AM coming back by 1pm. Jig and minnow bite fishing just below the Berrian Springs Dam and down the river strip. You don't need anything other then maybe a sandwhich and drinks. Two hours away, $7 daily Lic, figure approx $40 gas. Great chance to stick a trophy Eye. I'm ready to go if you are. PM me if you have any desire to go fishing in January for them eyes. Tks

Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: St Joes, MI Walleyes.. Does anyone has any interest?

PM sent... But I saw this... I took out the prices in case it conflicts with CLF advertisers...

Fishing Charter Rates
7 hour trip 1-2 person
7 hour trip 3-6 person
4 hour trip 1-2 person
4 hour trip 3-6 person

Night Walleye Trips
Night trips offered Nov.1 - December 31st, and February 1st thru March 15th ONLY.
7 hour 1-3 person
5 hour 1-3 person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I talked to Gary this morning to confirm out Friday outing and he mentioned he got the limit this morning, no jumbos but 5 good ones. I'm going down this Friday and that's already been COVERED as a twosome. For anyone else that maybe interested in fishing Joes I plan to go back a couple more times before Walleye season closes. If you like to go I'm IN, let me know if you have any questions.

FYI - If itís just a twosome, Gary fishes too which I like as it gives him a good feel to areas we are fishing. Plus we get ALL the fish, he filets, bags them at the end of the trip etc. Btw they are delicious out of that very cold, very clean river water.

If itís a threesome its $300 a hondo a piece + tip.. Thereís plenty of room but Gary does not fish then. My personal preference is to go as a twosome. The $125 includes a $10 tip from each of us to him.

Ideally, I'll drive to meet you or we can meet at a desired location, you drive to Shamrock Park, I pay the $5 parking fee, we split the gas 50/50, you pay for your own license $7 if you have a MI sport card otherwise it's an extra $1 I think the 1st time. I have my yearly and have had the sport card for years; basically it has the barcode on it so they don't need all you info etc. We leave with your truck filled up we return with it filled. You will need sandwich, drinks coffee whatever you like and warm clothing boots etc, as when you are on the back deck fishing it will be chilly at 4/5am. When you get cold go inside and warm up the temps in the water limo is like 65/70 inside the glass enclosure. I always take a little snooze inside there half way through the trip 5-10min catnap. Gary's a real good guy and gives us a good fair shake at getting them. All the years I've gone always caught fish, I've had some heavy ones that have become unbuttoned, biggest stuck being 7lbs. There was, ONE time when I did not get any, we had action but zero landed. That's 1 in about 20 timeís total. All in all it's a good time but itís still fishing and not catching so anything can happen. Thank you. Bye

Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Truck will be gassed up, Sammies and Diet Coke at the ready... All set for 11pm-ish departure from riverside central

Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe we can stop at Sheltons on the way home...
http://www.sheltonfireworks.com/indiana_porter.html

Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good luck guys

Superfluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Forecast for rain and 40's... O-Boy!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

We arrived at 3:30AM at Shamrock Park and immediately boarded Garyís Golden Eye rig. What a set up ha JC? Not that we needed it but it was a super heated water limo from the get go. We headed directly to the dam where it started to rain over the next few hours... Being there so many times with and without Gary I could just sensed we were going to struggle today as we fished different basins, shallow and deep edges for about 2 hours with just a few juveniles to show for it where usually the night/early morning bite is very good at those holes. At approx 6ish we headed down the "Strip" where Gary again carried us with his impeccable fishing know how by sticking 3 more quality eaters 18", 20" 22.5" followed by a healthy 27" female (released) full of eggs at over 8lbs on the digital boga grip. We continued to laugh fish, review eye popping R rated JC female morning fan texts, enjoy Nattolis Prosciutto subs tell stories and much, much more. And although we came home with nice walleye filets both Johnny and I had our chances at fish but were unfortunately shut out. Thank goodness Garyís fishing expertise was in rare form and all the action we saw at about half dozens walleyes were stuck by the "People choice and Working mans Friend" Gary Delarosa GoldenEyeCharter..

Yes, you BET. LOl. I have a little unfinished business, a little SCORE to even up with St. Joes and will be headed back down soon. I look forward to enjoying time on the water with those of you that have showed interest in going there. Props out to JC for tipping Gary and additional sawbuck, I could tell JC enjoyed himself at St Joes with Gary and I or maybe just Gary and not I? Hahhaha Thanks again Men.

Btw JC has more photos to post as soon as he recuperates from the Nascar Racing MI 500.
Also many of you know Gary writes a monthly article in the Outdoor Notebook. He mentioned to JC that yours truly will be in this months issue that photo of Capt Ron and I posing with St Joes eyes are included in this monthís publication. I'm sure it bound to be one of their best issues ever Hahhahahahha check it out if you happen to pick up a copy.

Take care guys

Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

FYI... Let PeterB pick up the sandwiches... I think Outdoor Notebook is still free, so grab one at the shows coming up...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in