~*~ Wanna go St. Joe's Walleye fishing this week ? ~*~ Pics - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluke View Post
LMAO

If JKS or Chumley has not yet filled the open seat, I'd like to know more...
Fonzie and I are interested. What vehicle will we take?

Superfluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

If your referring to Erie, whoever has a van we can use that. If not we can rent one, that will hold six, probably cost $20 a piece .

If the St Joe we can go with anyones.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluke View Post
Fonzie and I are interested. What vehicle will we take?

Whoa, whoa, slow down fluke...
I gotta be careful with my vacation day usage.
I will have to respectfully decline this time.

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Whoa, whoa, slow down fluke..

Whoa whoa whoa lmao

~D'aaaaaaayum~ bro take it easy we aren't talking about a month long trip....it's just a short jaunt the St Joe....

Last edited by Superfluke; 11-28-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Superfluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

So finally i am gonna meet You fluke. 😱
musky7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to PeterB

-

Tim going to St Joes is a two some thing. Unless you call Gary yourself and set up your own two some or bring your own rig.

You see if three guys go on the Golden Eye Charter and fish in the luxury of a heated cabin, Gary doesn't fish it since that back deck can not accommodate more then 3 fisherman casting etc. It probably could but Gary says 3. Hondo a man, $300 for a three some. I prefer to go with two and have Gary fish since it gives him a good feel to whats going on at each spot, the bite etc.

Two some is an ideal, for $225 plus a $5-10 gratuity per man, depending on the day. Gary does filet all the fish and package them afterwards. That clean, cold water, they are delicious there. FYI Gary rates have gone up although since I've gone with him for so many years he still gives me the preferred $225 rate.

Anyone can contact him his number on his rig photo above. You can mention you got the referral CLF. Outdoor Notebook if you like, its up to you either way.

When Glenn and I went it was an off day, if I remember correctly we, 3 of us hooked a hand full Eyes.
I caught that big Laker there with you by the dam, that was with you right?

I remember that long john took a few minutes to get him boat side and tossed it right back.

-

-

As far as Erie that's not until April right Bob? From what I understood that's a six some thing.

Although I'm not 100% certain on the room accommodations there.

Are they separate bedrooms in the condo, cots, open floor plan or ? What's the skinny with the housing there Bob?

-

-

Btw I'm available this weekend and I'd be willing to go tomorrow if its fishable and anyone is up for it 50/50.

I can drive or flip a coin who drives, take a Hummer limo, van np whatever....

Whats it cost? and where do we go anyways?

Is there an island there you can also fish from shore ?? No idea, I've never been? I'm going to Google, Wiki it and check it out.

I'm in for tomorrow anytime, come back Sunday night get two days in... Anyone else ?

-
Old 11-29-2014, 02:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
-
Two some is an ideal, for $225 plus a $5-10 gratuity per man, depending on the day. Gary does filet all the fish and package them afterwards.
-
Ouch!!! Does he do a poor job, or do you just not like him very much

Bank-maggot bandwagon member #1
boggzD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 06:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

-

Good morning. No on the contrary. Gary does a fine job and has a great custom rig. You can gratuity Gary as much as you desire D.

In my opinion its a fun day out fishing with a good chance at a trophy walleye.

Its fishing, so you may also Not Get Any too, its happened Once over All the years.

Typically its 5-8 keeper walleyes day, maybe a steel head or two and there's always a chance for that 30" plus eye.
Biguns are there alright. I've had some heavy walleyes, rod bent thump thump thump shaking head back forth on that have gotten unbuttoned.
Its easy to loose them there with the current and all but what can you do its downstream jig, minnow river fishing...

Some guys have complained about the $225 for the adventure. I believe its a fair price to fish in winter a couple hours from home.

Btw I've also been with guys that have tipped Gary $25 . Everyone has enjoyed the day and complimented Gary's knowledge, easy going nature, rig, river etc.. Personally I grease everybody a couple bucks here and there all the time. The oil change guys, the service dept guy, my plumber, painter everyone that does anything for me gets a few extra bucks from me. My newspaper guy gets $50 at Christmas, mailman gets $20, garbage guy $10 etc.

I always give Gary what I feel is fair $10. If I ever land a 12-13 lbs jumbo prob more. Its up to you mo. To each his own.

Fyi I've been going with Gary close to a decade, and that's a handful of times a season between Dec-March. I always bring someone along due to the Partnering Up nature of the outing and promote the Charter all the time. Figure he earns $450+ for the 7 hr outing, he's often booked too.

I like Gary's Golden Eye Charter very much and recommend him without reservation. I'm also of the opinion Gary appreciates my biz very much too.

Where you interested in checking it out bog ?

-
Old 11-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
-I always give Gary what I feel is fair $10.If I ever land a 12-13 lbs jumbo prob more.-

4 to 8.8% is nothing to sneeze at in the service industry.

Quote:
-I'm also of the opinion Gary appreciates my biz very much too.-
No doubts, there

Quote:
-Where you interested in checking it out bog ?
-
This might actually work out!

I just so happened to run into CLF's very own Peg&Marty the other day, and Marty confided in me that Peg has been in a bit of a rut as of late .(not literally but figuratively, as her wheelchair is well-equipped to traverse rough terrain). He asked if I could do him a solid and get her out on the water as his recent bout with epidiedadidamitus has kept him from satisfying her ambitions on the water. I have zero doubts that Marty would be eternally grateful if we could make this happen for his blushing bride. Peg is a tough gal who can belly-up to the rail and cast with the best of em, & as an added bonus, I'm told she plays a pretty mean oboe. Marty has assured me that in the event of rain/snow that all that would be required of Gary, you & I would be to throw a tarp over Peg & her oboe to keep her shielded from the elements & her oboe from warping.
So.... what say you, mo? Are you game? I have no reservations that you would forever be Peg's Knight in shining armor, if you & I could make this happen for her. Marty says he would be willing to 100% cover the cost of the tolls (except for the sky-way, but hes willing to pay her 1/3 of that charge) & the launch fee.

Bank-maggot bandwagon member #1

Last edited by boggzD; 11-29-2014 at 10:35 PM.
boggzD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

-

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in