~*~ Wanna go St. Joe's Walleye fishing this week ? ~*~ Pics - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to PeterB
Default ~*~ Wanna go St. Joe's Walleye fishing this week ? ~*~ Pics

-

All it took was seeing my photo in the Outdoor Notebook this month holding up walleyes to make me think about going to the Joes again...

Yes its that time of year again heading to St. Joe's this week 1 or 2 days anyone wanna go?

Same program. 24'Heated John boat, Gary DeRosa GoldenEye Charter $125 a man.
Two some preferred. 50/50 on everything else. Whomever doesn't drive pays the $5 launch...

Depart at 2am return 2pm.... Gary has everything, primarily jig/minnow fishing downstream at at dam & strip 5am until about noon...

I have other threads and photos on this, do a search and I'm sure they'll come up.

-

FYI MI day lic went up a lot, used to be $7 but I don;t know what it is now ?

I heard the yearly went from 45 to like $75 ? I'm going to have to go online and check it out next.

Anyways I have time this week and can go anytime other then Tuesday night which would be Wed morning then again that's also an option as I can ask his mom to pick N up from school Tuesday too if need be. Lets discuss and see what works best for us...

Btw my rig is to big, too heavy there but if you have a 14'-16 aluminum with rollers its about an ideal size rig, we can go and wing it ourselves as I know all the spots there from going for years. Then again its not rocket science as the Joe's is a great fishery within a couple hours from Chicago.

]

Alrighty then, give me a PM or call me if you like.

Thank you gentleman enjoy your Turkeys too

A few years back a few lbs lighter with Capt Ron the greatest reel & lure collector known to man kind.. LOl Rons got an unbelievable collection, best I've ever seen or heard of. He's the best ever at it!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

-

Old 11-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

-

Strike that.

After speaking with Gary this afternoon he reported the fishing has been very good yet today the river is up 3' due to the rain and snow run off... The water is stained for the next week or so. Fishing will be poor.

I can appreciate Gary's honesty in not just wanting to make a buck but rather want clients to hook fish first and foremost.
Props out to you Gary, Golden Eye Charters!

Yet I'm going to be going a couple, three times in December so if you want to go, lets go!

-
Old 11-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

-

It would be nice to get to Erie too. I've never been.

Whats it really like there?

-

Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
-

It would be nice to get to Erie too. I've never been.

Whats it really like there?

-
Nothing like the willy elusive walleye. Man what a fish, what is it about the walleye that makes her so finicky and elusive to stick and when you do there's no feeling quite like it, is there?
LMAORIYA............
washhusky102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washhusky102 View Post
Nothing like the willy elusive walleye. Man what a fish, what is it about the walleye that makes her so finicky and elusive to stick and when you do there's no feeling quite like it, is there?
LMAORIYA............
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
Yet I'm going to be going a couple, three times in December so if you want to go, lets go!
If JKS or Chumley has not yet filled the open seat, I'd like to know more...

Superfluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Been to Erie quite a few times. April and October are great times for dinosaur Walters ! May and early June for numbers. I do have a guy that I chartered with a few times. Knows his stuff and I would be up for an April trip.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

-

Not only are they willy, alusive and very very desirable but many will agree there's none better.

Like young beautiful angels pole dancing on your tongue

Not to mention the way they tug, thump thump thump on your line is so friggin addictive!!

Like Eli's Cheesecake. There's nothing like it or even close to it. Simply;

Walleyes Rule period!

* (HonorableMention Smallies close 2nd)

-

Well geesh, thanks for the invite Saw

That's awesome Bob. I'm Innnnnnnnn! Let's do definitely do that brotha

There was some talk, handsome and I may try shore fishing this week from that area that's around there but...

All's quite on the home front so far

For over a decade Gary has been writing a monthly article on the Outdoor Notebook highlighting St Joe's fishery.

If you didn't catch it this is Nov issue...

Yours truly on the left, in case anyone wants me to autograph their copy

-

Sure anytime Slim. I'm not prejudice, everyone is welcomed every time! Sounds good then. As many of you know,

for years I've been posting PartneringUp posts this time of year for Walleye aficionados to go experience the Joes..

So I'll check in with Gary next week, get some dates and keep the thread updated with DeRosas fishing updates on the current high water status .

December is a good month for trophy eyes 30"rs +

-

See you around guys, I'm going to chill for a while longer and then head over to cheer on my cousins Pasquale and Guiseppes bowling team match.

You probably heard about or saw his Ace in the hole Ringer on that other thread yes?

If not here's the skinny...

I hear they have a handful of new fresh young Scaaadoles there tonight toooooo

Happy happy happy not what your thinking though . That's my sons Mater from Cars tucked under my seat cushion Lol. Oh and .....a Parfeit

GooooooooooooooooooooBlackHawksGoooooooooooooooooo o

In conclusion; I'm sure you as I have many things to be Thankful for.

A Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your loved ones.

Abundansa. Enjoy!

-
Old 11-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Been to the Joe with Peter did ok and I'm up for a trip this December. Maybe we could get a couple guys and have some fun. I would definitely like to set up a trip for Erie this spring. It's usually a three day thing. Like leave on a Tuesday am. Five and a half hours later (noonish) we get there. The cabins are immaculate, sleep six, have a deck and a pond where you can fish. Large mouth, smallies, crappie and bluegill. All catch and release. We fish the next two days and leave the third day (Thursday) to come home. Maybe we can exchange phone numbers and line something up. We could meet sometime in January/February for lunch to go over plans etc. Last time I went we spent $405 per man (6 of us). That was the total cost. Charter, tip, fish cleaning fillets, packaging, total fuel and tolls up and back, food which was 28 oz porter house steaks for dinner the first day cooked by yours truly on the deck of our condo. Day two we go out for dinner and have whatever...lobster, steak etc. Also breakfast and lunch all three days. Assuming inflation maybe it'll be $450 a man now. Sounds pricey but that's $150 a day for what is usually a GREAT trip. Any takers ?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh, also bait and Grandt rods are provided.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

-

Count me in Bob.

See how it goes with CLF takers, I'm almost certain my retired teamsters friends, JerryK and DonM are in as well so that would make 4 if we need'm. Nikster an option too if we need coverage.

Lets do this!

#1.) PeterB

-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in