St. Croix rods - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishead
Sawboy; there was some deals , you just had to find them, I got 10% off at Rolly & hellens on some good stuff. Did you check out the new rods at B&R outlaw rods ? $100.00 and a life time garentee , no questions asked on replacement. I think they put st. croix out of playing feild, with a all USA made blank. I don't know what you were looking for , but I found some cheap ice fishing rods 2 for $5 , $8 musky lures , decent buck tails for $7 . As for the Grant rods $400.00 was his high end rods , but $150.00 for a rod with that type of craftmanship and no questions asked garentee, compaired to a st. croix avid, its a bargan, compared to a rod thats now made in china. Thats my 2 cents.

I thought St Croix was made up in WI.? Doesn't really matter though, since I am sold on St. Croix. I can appreciate the "Buy American" mentality, it just doesn't work. My Ford (American) Excursion has more non American made parts than my buddys Honda (Built in Ohio ).
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sawboy......

St. Croix ONLY has one line of rods left that is manufactured here in the USA !!! Only one left !!! The rest is all outsourced/oversea's As far as the Grandt Rods..... He is made in the USA completely, from balnks to the whole rod. From OK, to Elk Grove Village all his stuff is made in the good old As far as warranty is a lifetime warranty... You break that rod fishing or not he will replace it for you no questions asked !!! Is a shame we don't have more manufacturers out there that want to keep AMERICANS working !!!! Also yea, there is a lot of high end rods.... $400 but, as mentioned here on CLF the quality/craftmanship in/on it then anything else out there, uniquie one of a kind !!!! Not to mention is made in AMERICA and has the best warranty on/in the marketplace........ lifetime warranty you break it, he replace it PERIOD.....

Fish your wallnuts off.................
MR. MUSKLUNGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. MUSKLUNGE
Sawboy......

St. Croix ONLY has one line of rods left that is manufactured here in the USA !!! Only one left !!! The rest is all outsourced/oversea's As far as the Grandt Rods..... He is made in the USA completely, from balnks to the whole rod. From OK, to Elk Grove Village all his stuff is made in the good old As far as warranty is a lifetime warranty... You break that rod fishing or not he will replace it for you no questions asked !!! Is a shame we don't have more manufacturers out there that want to keep AMERICANS working !!!! Also yea, there is a lot of high end rods.... $400 but, as mentioned here on CLF the quality/craftmanship in/on it then anything else out there, uniquie one of a kind !!!! Not to mention is made in AMERICA and has the best warranty on/in the marketplace........ lifetime warranty you break it, he replace it PERIOD.....
I think what you meant to say was that St. Croix has only one line of rods that is not made in the USA. The Triumph line is assembled in China, but the blank is made here. All of the other lines are made in Park Falls, Wisconsin, including the Premier line.
toothdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Actually, is only the Avid & Premier that are made here in the US.
All that has changed recently and they are not going back to the states at all with their products. Is really a shame Shimano just bought out Loomis also and now both those lines are also made over'seas Not sure if Shimano did it as a tax right off or to get rid of there Competition
but, either way none of thier line is US made anymore now either
Again, is a shame that all three of these companies do not/will not support AMERICANS and keep them/us working right here in our own country

GOD BLESS

Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

The St.Croix Legend Rournament and Legend Elite rods are also made in the USA
mattw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mattw Wrote:
Quote:
The St.Croix Legend Rournament and Legend Elite rods are also made in the USA
Actually they are not....... Also they are not going to tell anyone this
or other things/trade secrets for that matter............. All in all is a shame
and that is the point/bottom line

God bless the

Old 01-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mr. Musklunge how do you know this information? I find it very hard to believe that their top of the line rods are outsourced but their Premiers and Avids are not.
toothdoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

from there web site!! ray.-- Does St. Croix build its own rods and reels?
We build our own premium blanks and carefully handcraft most St. Croix rods in our Wisconsin northwoods location using the finest components available in the world. We also have rods, reels, and accessories produced to our exact specifications from companies located around the world. Here is the country of origin for our primary products.

Legend Elite, Legend Ultra, Legend Tournament, Avid, Premier, Tidemaster, Wild River - USA
Reign, Triumph, Premier Ice Rods - China
Legend Fly Reels - England
Avid Bait Casting Reels - Japan
Avid & Premier Reels (Except Model 750) - Thailand
Premier Spinning Reel Model 750 - China
Premier Fly Reels - China
ray kosarek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

By no means am I knocking there product, company, ETC.....

From my understanding they dont make ALL there own blanks, and only some of their rods are fully made here in the US. All the rest are only wrapped/assembled, ETC..... here (in WI) I have worked/been in the industry for over 10 years and that is how I know certain things.... Also I dont believe every web-site or thing on sites for that matter. I am not trying to knock them in a way shape or form. Heck, at one time (long ago) I myself used to fish them. It is a good product. I was just trying to inform on some information I read in a post here and a lil bit of education never hurt anyone..... Either way, MY BIGGEST POINT which was missed (allthough my info I believe to be accurate above) that TO MANY COMPANIES ARE PULLING OUT OF THE US AND GOING OVER SEA'S and that TRULY STINKS

Old 01-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Again, I will state that in theory, "Buy American" is great. But I will again point to my Ford truck, my Dads oldsmobile, and my sisters Dodge. Those are all american vehicles. All have more parts built in other countries than many other "foreign" vehicles. So in reality, "Buy American" does not make sense in most situations.

However, I am willing to be educated here. The Grandt rods as explained have blanks from the USA. I am unfamiliar with the construction of a rod. So I will ask this question. Are ALL the components of a Grandt rod USA made? The cork? The guides? The plastics? If not.....then "Buy American" again goes out the window.

And just so we are all clear. I am all for the USA. I attempted to enlist at 19 years of age in 1991 to fight in the Gulf, but my shoulder was toast and I could not pass a physical. When 9/11 went down, I went again, this time to the reserves. But by that point my knee also had "non-original" parts and I was not accepted. So before this erodes into a "traitor" type thread, I thought this explanation was warranted.

Now, please educate / inform me about the Grandt rods and their possible 100% USA parts.

Kind regards,

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in