Kerry Picks Edwards - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstalker
If McCain ran against Bush or kerry, I'd vote for him!
same here.
Wallyeye is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

if kerry/edwards win we wont have to move to france......america will become france.......i say f--k the french and kerry/edwards also.!!!!!!!

and as for john mccain...he's a media *****...screw him too!!!!
a/vguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default More?

I thought I was being long-winded enough not to explain this one much further, but since you ask, I will.

"Some of these discussions in this forum remind me of another all-too-common scenario -- people defending their abusive parents, spouses, etc., out of misspent love and devotion, at their own expense. We're taught to put our own interests second, but when a lot of people start talking and realize that their interests are the same as a whole lot of other Americans (or when the realization is thrust upon them, such as when their employer lays off thousands of people) ... and that those interests are being neglected or betrayed, it becomes clear that something needs to be done. At the bare minimum, their voices need to be heard by the people in charge of government."

I'm not referring directly to a post, such as someone writing, "My dad used to beat me, and he's my hero! So is Bush!" Simply drawing on my own experience with people, unfortunately much of which involves this subject, I see a lot of common ground between the two situations: people who are abused yet loyal, and people who support Bush despite his gross philanderings. By "gross philanderings," I mean pretty much everything that's been said about him that is proven to be true -- not petty name-calling, etc., but his outright lies and equally shameful coverups about Bin Laden, Iraq, WMDs, the list goes on.

People who are abused often remain loyal to and defend their abuser. Their cultural upbringing dictates that they love and honor this person, putting their own best interests second.

I have yet to see anyone post any truthful and clearly explained validation for their support of Bush, in terms of his fulfillment of their needs in a leader. There's a lot of blind faith, howling derision at his opponents, and generally poor-quality banter. I don't know if I can sum it all up here. I'll just refer you back to almost any Bush-related post in any string in this forum.

The purpose of folks like Moore is to educate and motivate people to keep our representatives in government on track as our voice in government, not the voice of whoever paid for their TV ad. Republican wags like Limbaugh like to blow hot air and keep everybody ignorant, believing that the country is best run by an elite few rich guys -- the people Bush refers to as his base. Why do they believe this? Please, tell me -- I've tried to understand it my whole life, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Once, I tried to imagine I was a soulless plutocrat, and it started to come clear. ...

If anything, Moore's work has helped ease the tensions Bush created between America and foreign nations such as France, by reassuring them that not everybody here supports BushCo.

I loathe politicians generally, but that's what political parties are for -- to show the big picture in terms of issues and legislation, so that you can choose a side without having to naively put all your hopes into one person.

And, by the way, anybody who claims to be independent *is* independent. There's no "Independent Party" to register for. As American citizens, we all have the right to choose any party or independent candidate, every election. Registering to vote in the primaries doesn't make you a lifelong member of whichever party you chose to influence, that year.
fishingrrl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/vguy
if kerry/edwards win we wont have to move to france......america will become france.......i say f--k the french and kerry/edwards also.!!!!!!!

and as for john mccain...he's a media *****...screw him too!!!!
care to explain this comment? Just HOW would we be like France if Kerry is elected? This should be interesting.
fishstalker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

So, fishingrrl, anybody who supports Bush as a leader and/or his policies are entranced by some sort of blind devotion that's been ingrained into our heads by our culture? That's pretty deep stuff. I can't really prove wether that's true or not, but I can tell you that I've, thankfully, never been subjected to abuse. I also don't consider myself a "soulless plutocrat" but I guess I wouldn't know it if I was.

It seems like you've spent a lot of time thinking about this and certainly have written a lot. What I don't understand is why you would not spend that energy telling us why you support Kerry (if that is in fact the case). Knocking someone down is much easier than building someone up.

I do agree that Moore and Limbaugh belong in the same sentence. They both serve the same purpose on opposite sides of political spectrum. If one happens to make the French feel better about us, then I guess that's good if that's important to you.
JD16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default Blind devotion

Blind devotion ... did I say that? I sure did. Yep. That's the best guess I can make based on the lack of information here to tell me why else anybody would like the guy. I don't see anything from you but demands that I further explain my lengthy explanation for my own position.

The soulless plutocrats exist in a financial sphere I doubt anybody here can lay claim to. But I don't mean to be exclusionary, if there are any billionaires on board.

I don't know how anybody can support a political leader and his henchmen who demonstrate not just disregard for the majority of Americans but outright affrontery to us. People who spend their lives being carried from one multi-million-dollar establishment to another via limousine and private jet don't tend to grasp the reality of America here where most of us live. Those are the soulless plutocrats I was referring to. A vote for Bush supports them, and they don't need any support. Know what I mean?

As for my political hero -- I don't have one. I'm leaning toward either Kerry/Edwards or Nader, but I haven't made up my mind. And I'm not one to do so on a whim, just to satisfy somebody looking for ammo. There's a lot to be said before the November election, so I'll be listening. Just, probably not to Bush. I've heard more than enough from him.

I can tell you what I believe in, though, which should help explain why I'd support Kerry or Nader, and not Bush. I respect people regardless of their economic, racial, religious or other social position; I respect our environment and the global environment (including respect for other nations' work with the U.S., such as the Kyoto Protocol); I believe in fiscal responsibility; I believe in telling the truth, and I expect the truth from people who claim to represent me as an American; I believe in freedom of speech, a woman's right to choose, and equality for all Americans; I value public lands for the sake of the American public, not for private and largely capitalist interests. I could go on and on with beliefs I feel are in direct opposition to the current administration, but I think you'd be best informed by doing some independent reading of your own.

There is one crucial difference between Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh: Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot, whereas Moore is an average American guy who reads.
fishingrrl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

I can see why you do not have any political hero...I'm not sure anybody in recent history would fit the bill for you. Many come from this class of Plutocrats you refer to, including Bush and Kerry.

I asked for you to clarify because the majority of what you wrote told me what you were against (Bush) and not what you were for. I'm not looking for ammo to attack your opinion or change your mind. I just think it's easy to crticize and a lot harder to explain what you would do in the same situation as the president.

I'm not going to argue that Limbaugh is a big fat idiot. A quick glance at Michael Moore will tell you that Rush isn't the only guy who could afford not to super size his extra value meal. I think I know lot's of "average" american guys and they are a far cry from Moore. Don't let the baseball cap fool you.
JD16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

i still say f--k the french and kerry/edwards as well.........why should i explain my reasons for my opinion...i dont ask why you are a liberal and why you think france is good or why kerry/edwards is good.......

as for the keyoto protocal that would be a disaster for america...we would have to pay for every third and second world country while they still polute and screw up mother nature.......

we americans are by far the most clean and industry friendly country in the world......

i say f--k the keyoto and all those bastards triing to screw up the american way of life.

i say lets screw up the ozone and bring on global warming.....where is the global warming at? its july and no 90 degree days yet.......just what i thought another commie pinko plan to screw america.

as for iraq and the middle east....i say nuke em into a glass parking lot.......
a/vguy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 07:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

well folks, there it is. Proof of the missing link. I wonder if he still has his tail?
fishstalker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2004, 07:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishstalker
well folks, there it is. Proof of the missing link. I wonder if he still has his tail?
I guess we haven't evolved as a species as much as I thought....
Wallyeye is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in