Perch Fishing closed? - Page 3 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2006, 09:26 AM   #21 (permalink)

MuskyStalker, easy there... poachers are people with the intent of breaking the law. Don't go around assuming that people on this board are poachers. If they are then they don't need to tell you on this board. If you want to give advice or put in your 2 cents make it intelligent, don't throw ignorant comments out just to have something to say.

There are a lot of people who enjoy fishing (that's why they are on this board) and want to fish within the confines of the law. This thread so far is to help interpret the law so that we (for those of us that don't want to break the law) can follow it. If you have found something that can help everyone then please add to it but don't add igonrant comments or other things to convolute the topic.

Kevin
shad_rapsss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

my comments aren't ignorant, and you missed the point. Here, since you obviously didn't read all of the posts, I'll elaborate:

Quote:
n my opinion i think thats a stupid law. i mean dont get me wrong i understand and support the whole promotion for kids fishing and whatnot, but that seems a little drastic, and besides, someone like me doesnt keep what i would catch anyways i just do it for enjoyment, and if any1 asks me what im doin i can always say "im not fishing for perch"
comments like these clearly illustrate a disregard for the law, as well as ignorance.

I agree that there may be some confusion as to what the law says, but that is spiltting hairs. The rules are simple PERCH SEASON IS CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF JULY. I stand by my statement. If you are fishing for Perch now for any reason, you are a poacher.
MuskyStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default Perch

I go to Indiana and Wisconsin in July. Be advised gentlemen, Mr MuskyStalker is the law! LOL
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

MuskyStalker
I strongly disagree with you your taking the poacher thing alittle to far, fishing for Perch now is like fishin any catch C&R lake or pond....

I will say this, well I was CARP fishing with a buddy of mine we talked to the DNR officer for a bit and talked about the Perch fishing. He told us you CAN fish for perch but NO you cannot keep em, only kids under 16 yo. Heres a good one, he had a kid walking with a stringer and he asked him where he caught them Perch and he said "oh I didn't my Dad over there". Nothing like rattin out your Dad but he did end up writing the Dad a ticket, the best part was he was only going to give him a warning until the guy wanted to start an arguement.
He told us the law he was in place for the most part due to the commercial fishing at the time when people used to do that (his words not mine), he said he usually gives a lot of people breaks when he catches them perchin at this time. I also spoke to another one over a week ago and he was telling me he wrote a guy up north for keeping 22 Perch and it came out to what $1650, $75 a fish... SUCKS FOR HIM!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Guys,

It really isn't that complicated. If you are over 16 you cannot fish for perch. Even if you are catching and releasing them, you are still "fishing" for perch, which is illegal during July. The same rules apply to other species, such as walleyes, muskies etc. You cannot specifically target a certain species when the season is closed. It's that simple. This is done to protect the fish. What happens if you gut hook a perch and it dies? What good will releasing it do? A closed season means closed. End of story.
tyguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

gotfish? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

I don't, Im just tell everybody what DNR said to me.....
Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Simple. If you set out to perch fish in July and you're over 16 you are a law breaker. We'll probably see you in October too with your snag hooks in the same spots
lonecanoeist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonecanoeist
Simple. If you set out to perch fish in July and you're over 16 you are a law breaker. We'll probably see you in October too with your snag hooks in the same spots
I hope your not talking about me....

Again as I stated I DON'T fish for the Perch in July, I was repeating what DNR told me when I was CARP FISHING. Comparing it to snagging is just plain out stupid!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:31 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to HOEH Send a message via Yahoo to HOEH

that would be like saying you can fish salmon and trout without a stamp if your not going to keep them, In IN i saw a dnr guy ask a guy fishing from shore for his licence, he did'nt have a stamp, said he was c&r, the officer watched with his binocs until he landed one and proceeded to write him a ticket and took his gear.The only way he could give the tickit was to catch him with a fish, the guy did'nt see him come up during the fight and caught him admiring his catch. So beware if your catching a perch and the officer see's you with a fish in your hand, they can get around the law if they want, it is your fish in your hand until it is thrown back, it does'nt matter how long it was in your hand, just that it was in your hand!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in