Navy Pier - Page 6 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

Tubes....

I am not trying to start something here, but please clarify. We all know that POT is an idiot savant, and more than a bit kooky, but he is right on the money with his skills. He is far and away a better Perch fisherman than 99.999% of the guys here, me included. He is a bit dry and somewhat of a twit with his posts, but I thought MPlant's posts were directly abusive, overly agressive, and simply out of control. Why you thought to ban POT and not Mplant is beyond me. personally, I think they both need a time out. Clark being arragant? yes, spank his hand and send him away, but Mplants abusiveness should not be rewarded either.

my .02
Marabou is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabou
Tubes....

I am not trying to start something here, but please clarify. We all know that POT is an idiot savant, and more than a bit kooky, but he is right on the money with his skills. He is far and away a better Perch fisherman than 99.999% of the guys here, me included. He is a bit dry and somewhat of a twit with his posts, but I thought MPlant's posts were directly abusive, overly agressive, and simply out of control. Why you thought to ban POT and not Mplant is beyond me. personally, I think they both need a time out. Clark being arragant? yes, spank his hand and send him away, but Mplants abusiveness should not be rewarded either.

my .02
Ok dude. Compare my contributions to CLF to Clark's. You'll see what Tubes saw during his evaluation. POT hasn't contributed a single positive post or fishing report, where as I do consistently. I apologized for my actions through the forum, for it was out of character.

I understand you're sticking up for your "friend"
mplant1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #53 (permalink)

SO....

made it out from 7:15am till 9:30am

No Ice...No Fishermen...No Perch.... A Ghost town today!

Will possibly try again tomorrow.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

Marbou,

You are right, both guys were a bit out of line in their posts, but I looked at both of their "bodies of work" and found that MPlants comments were, although out of line, an exception to the rule for him. In fact, I edited a couple of his posts that were over the line, but normally he is a positive contributor. Conversely, POT has seemed to have an attitude right from the get go. I really did look at every post he has made before giving him a time out.

Kinda ironic that it was YOU that I was thinking of when I mentioned him coming back and behaving in a more civil matter You yourself once got banned from CLF (not by me) for some disruptive behavior, then you offered to come back under a new name and with a new attitude. You've been a model citizen ever since, and I hope, a model for POT to follow and return to the CLF community. We all deserve 2nd chances, hopefully he'll want one here and be willing to do some introspective evaluation and modify his behavior here. If not, life goes on for us and him no big deal.
Tubes77 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Tuna, Thanks for an actual report!! I'm very limited w/mobility, but this sounds like a quick fix.

Internet fishing, you got to love it??? It'll never change!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #56 (permalink)

anyway.....

ill probaly be at montrose on saturday if any one wants to join me. i am going to try it once more for perch/salmon before the ice up.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #57 (permalink)

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the info Tubes!
Marabou is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

Like I said, it's no big deal. It's not like the guy was way off the deep end or anything, just a little rough around the edges so to speak. If he would have been major trouble, we would have just permanently deleted his account. We just need to keep CLF a positive place for everyone to post, especially new fisherman. Anyone needs to be able to ask a question without getting attitude and those who reply to help the new guy should also be able to contribute without being derided. It doesn't matter how good you are at something, if you can't convey your knowledge to others in a civil way, then your knowlege (and usefulness) is lost.

OK, we've

Time to move on to another thread.
Tubes77 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in