Monday evening and Courtney catches ALL of the active fish. - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Monday evening and Courtney catches ALL of the active fish.

Interesting thing happened this evening. Got home from work and by the time I made it to the front of the lake Michigan it was kind of late. Might have gotten out there and made my first cast around 7:15pm or so.

There were probably around a half dozen guys or so that were fishing within view. I saw some familiar faces, Mplant and a few other regulars as well as a couple of others.

I caught a few smaller fish when I finally hooked into a perch around 13 inches or so. I put the perchy in Courtney's basket and then I managed to hook the jig into the side of her bag. By the time I ripped it out of the bag I had totally destroyed the plastic as well as the jig.

Time to retie. Waste a few more minutes. Then resume jigging.

If I remember correctly it was Bigsaw who said that if the fish are active they will hit anything.

He was right, sort of. I proceeded to catch fish at a fairly steady pace. Jigging, sorting and placing the decent sized fish in my beckoning basket.

Here is the final tally before darkness set in....

Ten fish. I think only one was less than eleven inches. A little over a ten incher caught in the gills, it rarely happens. Not bad for a little over an hours work including some misshaps.

In order to keep ten I might have caught 15-20(?)

The whole time I was there I don't think I saw one other fish caught. Not a single fish. Let me repeat, NOT A SINGLE FISH!!! How can this be?

If I hadn't shown up what would they have thought? Perch are not around? Now they know better.

Like I tell my boyfriends when I finally tire of them..."I just can't see you anymore....Trust me, it's you not me."

All of the active fish were only in front of me and they seemed to follow me as I moved. Perch love Chanel No. 5.

I wear Chanel no. 5 or nothing at all.

Tomorrow what will happen? I will tell you. I will get up go to the front of the Lake Michigan and catch a great big limit of perch. I will not have to look at the smiling faces of those lovely folks at Henrys or Park Bait. I will bring two rods...One for jigging the other prepared with a crank. Probably will only throw the jigs. It is my favorite way to fish for the perches.

This post is dedicated to my Flukester who has been retracted out to the east coast from tues till fri....

With great powers comes great responsibilities.

OXOXOXOXOX,

Courtney
CourtneyLovesPerch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to islandguymike

if you look at my post darling i ended up with a pretty good amount of perch too...and i do have the BIG one on the stringer!!lol hope i run into you sometime...used only shad raps myself...my dad was using the fluke!but nice catch kid?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

You did catch some very nice fish...Of course it was just little ol' me and I accomplished my task in a little over an hour. Then darkness ended my eve. So sad.

Perch are a gals best friend.

Nothing like an island guy to get my juices flowing...You be Jamaican mon?

Love a guy with dreads.

Nice fish. I am happy for you and your pa. Way to go!!

OXOXOXOX,

Courtney

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Re: Monday evening and Courtney catches ALL of the active fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyLovesPerch
The whole time I was there I don't think I saw one other fish caught. Not a single fish. Let me repeat, NOT A SINGLE FISH!!!
i wasn't planning on perching and left my bookbag arsenal of al-queda weaponry at home... but no excuses from me. you missed the fish i caught on the other side

dude, you definitely did very well tonight. but we both saw that guy on my right catch a nice keeper and dump it in his bucket. you didn't have ALL of the glory

see ya tomorrow. this time i'm bringing my gear.

nice job again
mplant1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Courtney, It seems to me you got it all going on...Can we now expect a membership to this fine site? ****, with the money you save from minnow purchases whats $15 bucks
DERAILERMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERAILERMAN
Hey Courtney, It seems to me you got it all going on...Can we now expect a membership to this fine site? ****, with the money you save from minnow purchases whats $15 bucks
Good call!!! I might venture to say, though, that he/she may already have a membership under another, less grungy, name....
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have been wondering who Courtney is. Man some crazy stuff!! Was wondering if I ever ran into her. Now I get my first clue...your saying she is a HE/SHE. LOL
The Fishnut is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fishnut
you're saying she is a HE/SHE. LOL

Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

COURTNEY?

Wow what a gal!
Bossman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in