Fluke stayed home with his unit...I caught two. I am dumb. - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fluke stayed home with his unit...I caught two. I am dumb.

Woke up this morning to the clash of thunder....Around 3:30 am....Pouring outside. Was awating on the "ENSUING" light of day....lol.

Rain stopped and headed to the front of the lake Michigan, spot "A"...Got there around 5:00am....Wind howling out of the S.E. No fishing to be done time to go to spot "B"....Water was chocolate milk...Fluke called said he was staying at home waiting for his new A/C unit to be delivered....I like to think of him lying around at home all hot and sweaty...Oh well....Time to check out spot "C"...Now it is about 5:45....Arrive at spot "C" and three dudes are fishing...They hook up just as I arrive on a shad rap.

Set down my stinky bag and implements of retraction and quickly grab the rap retractor and cast the rap of shads out into the fray....Immediately a jumbo inhales the rap...A lesser gal might have crumbled..I stood strong against the wind and the battling perch and hoisted it up on to the deck...Things are going to take off....Second cast an instantaneous hit and a nine inch perch turns out to be the culprit. tossed back...Third cast...Hit at the rocks, fish dives down...Goodbye Mr SR5. Crap!!!!

Pick up my jig rod which only has a 1/16th jig head attached....toss it out wait for it to sink down and "tap"...Nice perch is hooked, manages to shake off...****!!!! Throw out again, painstakingly waiting for the light jig to make it's way through all of the trubulence...."tap"...Nice jumbo on the deck.

Then the wind really picks up....The harbor belches out all of this chocolate brown water which instantly covers our fishing area and quickly puts an end to the "bite."

Wish spot "C" had been my first choice...Possible limit?

Last resort, Plan "D", make my way to the Horseshoe...The Wild, Wild West of Montrose...No place for a young girl to be forced to go. The howling wind managed to whisk away the horeshoes' perennial smell of urine..Just one of the many perks of fishing the 'shoe. The beautiful urine fragrance. Followed by the usual bait wielding suspects that routinely crowd the shoe fishing shoulder to shoulder....Few were out due to the conditions. It's fun to watch little perch swim in circles.

It was really bad with the crashing waves and the howling wind...My thoughts turned to eggs, coffee, world peace, website harmony and toast The closest guy had manged to catch and keep an eight incher so I made a charitable donation of four fillets in the name of CLF...A tax deductible contribution, I might add...

Grabbed some coffee, eggs and toast on my way home....I like eggs.

The "Harvest."...So Sad.

The skyline...

Water is messed up...Hopefully these "ENSUING" west winds will blow out all of the crud and pronto...And warm up the water, like only west winds can...maybe into the nineties by tonight....lol.

Better days ahead...Who knows maybe this aft or tomorrow a.m.?

OXOXOXOX,

Courtney
CourtneyLovesPerch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for being our eyes, ears and legs of the lake. In a world of "I catch a quick and easy limit" every time out because perch are so easy to catch, it's nice to read reports of candor from those you can trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyLovesPerch
Arrive and three dudes are fishing...They hook up just as I arrive on a shad rap.
Why is the English language so difficult? I had to re-read that 3 times as I kept envisioning you driving up in a vehicle shaped like a Shad Rap to observe 3 romantic anglers "hooking up."

While not shaped like a fishing lure, you can look for my new wheels at the lakefront.

My dog is convinced it was purchased for sarcastic purposes, but I just liked the way it dodges pot holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyLovesPerch
all of the trubulence....
trub? Thanks for including a reference only a homebrewer would understand. I may be one of the few to be able to visualize the water looked like today.

I don't know how much more I'll be seen at the lake front this June. I'm getting the urge to trade in my tennis shoes for some scuba boots and go chasing some diving birds on the open water.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Westwind Send a message via MSN to Westwind

Thank you for the report. I went out this AM as well. Only the target was perchie's larger cousin. Caught skunk amid the occasional downpours and rumbles of thunder. Heard the locks were opened at Wilmette. Flotsam, jetsam, and other crud will hopefully stay north. I have a date tomorrow AM with duh poich.
Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwind
Heard the locks were opened at Wilmette. Flotsam, jetsam, and other crud will hopefully stay north.
That's horrible, especially as that's where I was planning on chasing the diving birds. That's a dirty practice you might expect from Milwaukee maybe. Sad to hear Wilmette is working so hard to shut down the beaches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in