Thanks God for softshells, artificials, women, beer, etc. - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thanks God for softshells, artificials, women, beer, etc.

OK,

I think 2 things have been established, proven, verified, etc. without a doubt:

1. Artificials catch perch
2. live bait catches perch

When it comes to fishing, a very wise man( my dad) once told me

...To each his own......

Whatever method you employ to catch those tasty perch, as long as you are enjoying yourself while you are doing it, that is what counts.

I give kudos to CLP, as he has obviously mastered the technique of using artificials to catch perch. You could not just walk up to the shore, throw an artificial bait in the water, and expect to catch perch. You need to know what presentations to use, what baits to use, what depths, where the fish are, etc. He has shown that he knows what he is doing

...and the same goes to Big Saw with live bait. You can not just show up anywhere on the shore with live bait and catch perch. You need to know the same things....what presentations to use, what depths the fish are at, where the fish are, what they are biting on, etc. there have been many times I have been out fishing for perch with an assortment of live bait, and myself and my father will be using the same setups, and he will be catching nothing on minnows and I am killing them on nightcrawlers. Big saw has proven he knows how to catch perch also

Guys, we all enjoy fishing. I enjoy seeing different ideas, presentations, etc on how to catch fish, as I believe most people do.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHO CATCHES PERCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that being said, we need to get a fish-off between CLP and Big Saw. Let those 2 decide the time, location, day, etc. I bet it would be safe to say that each guy would get his limit.......But really, I could care less how many fish either guy got, I just want to see the 2 standing next to each other
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'll bring beer and the grill and rod of course
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

I got $20 on St. Croix! =P I'm kidding.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
...To each his own......
Exactly
It's always been my philosophy as well.
I don't care if your using live or artificial, casting, spinning or fly, bow or spear, ice or open, troll or cast, braid or mono, boat or wade, float or not, fresh or salt, lake, ocean or river, N, S, E, or W.
I draw the line on explosives.

No need for a contest, the debate would still continue and we love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in