» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Perch Fishing (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why Perch fishing is closed in July (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62196)

big saw 07-06-2009 11:34 AM

SHUT UP :)6 three

RonG 07-06-2009 11:34 AM

Maybe a July closure isn't so bad. Over the weekend there were 60+ stabbing and shooting incidents, 10 dead, over 30 wounded. Wacky city!

Westwind 07-06-2009 12:29 PM

Maybe all those perch guys had to find something else to do.

wfoster3513 07-06-2009 02:11 PM

LOL I am going a little crazy myself but I have not mugged or killed anybody yet. Looking for a fix for a month or so till the perch season is open or the shore salmon season starts but everything else is so far away.

ja-knee-sea 07-06-2009 03:50 PM

Possible Solutions..........
1. Open July fishing, but "No Fishing between midnight and 9am"...

2. "No Weekend Fishing from Shore at any time"... The Lakefront is for the use of the sunbathers, joggers and soccer players on the weekends......
So basically if your cell phone is on free minutes, you can't fish....

3. Shut Up

Raptor 07-06-2009 07:53 PM

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

YOU SHUT UP!

mplant1 07-06-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISH TRACKER
I agree it has been many years since we have seen the size perch in the #'s being caught today. In boats and for the shore fisherman. The perch are one of the last indiginous fish left in the Lake Michigan Illinois waters. Salmon stocked,Lake Trout decimated,Round Gobie invader, Zebra Mussle invader, numerous plant species invader.
I don't know how old you are but there was a time that my son will not be able to enjoy with me as I did my father SMELT FISHING GONE! I can remember in the early sixties going to Navey Pier and seeing fisherman pulling hearing out one after another GONE!

Very fine point.

If any period should be closed, it should be April and May.

The spawning perch plucking armada is growing and growing every year. You would be amazed at how many boats are hovering 60 feet over the perch spawning grounds plucking off jumbos loaded with spawn. For what, a couple of fillets?

I hope I'm not ruffling anyone's feathers, but I see far less damage to a population of perch from shore anglers plucking some post spawn fish vs the boaters completely wailing on them while they are pre spawn and spawning in the perch prime spawning grounds

wALLDADY 07-07-2009 07:52 AM

Rumor has it that King Richard is gonna put parking meaters all around the front of the lake , that is free now . That should slow down the crowds a little . Maybe , write him a letter and he will get just Chicago open , for July perchin ?

Good Luck and Safe Trips .................................... Walldady

PS : Shut Up :-D :-D :-D

The Little King 07-07-2009 08:16 AM

According to the DNR taking of too many spawing perch is not the problem, its getting the fry past the 1 year old stage.

The DNR wanted to cut back the number of perch taken out of the system and July had the most people fishing and keeping perch.

CourtneyLovesPerch 07-07-2009 08:30 AM

Idle hands will do the devils work...I personally sold over fifty bags of heroin this last weekend...I stomp on it pretty good cutting it down to about a 30% potency with ground perch meat.

I killed four people, stabbed eight and shook down a few perchatutes just fo' the **** of it.

I was pleased to see that last weekend the front of lake michigan was still crowded with poachers acquiring the percheeeez wirth nary a child in sight. Took a few pics, pissed some poachers off... might post later.

There is really no need to stop perch fishing....There is no enforcement...A total joke.

I hit the perch for the **** of it, just for the yell I get
Mmm mmm mmm, for the smell of it

Oh, you make me wanna shoop.

Shut up!

OXOXOXOXOX,

Courtney