» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Perch Fishing (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why Perch fishing is closed in July (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62196)

Ken S 07-05-2009 10:34 PM

Why Perch fishing is closed in July

Closing July for Perch in Illinois has VERY little effect on the fishery. The only reason July is closed, is that the Lake Michigan Perch Fishermen DO NOT know how to WRITE A LETTER. The end. (live with the closure you all choose to have and shut up)

Ken S

big saw 07-06-2009 12:02 AM

Dear D N R . Please open July for perch fishing. Answer NO ! O K next letter ? :o Do you think people have not tried to write letters? They do no good.

fishnmagician 07-06-2009 05:50 AM

Dear ??? ??????

Wait a minute ...... who's the Director now?

After Gransburg was fired by Quinn was a new director named and confirmed?

Dear Ken, who do you write to?

Raptor 07-06-2009 05:54 AM

Marc Miller.

As I understand it, "we" voted for the July closure some years back at a Great Lakes symposium or sumpin' like that.

fishnmagician 07-06-2009 06:38 AM

Thanks Paul, I see now that he was confirmed by the Senate in late May.

The Little King 07-06-2009 07:18 AM

I can't remember all the details but at one of the lake michigan spring meetings The DNR biologist said they need to cut back the number of perch that were beening taken out of the lake. July had the highest number of people fishing and bagging perch so they closed it in July.

If closing the season in July will keep the perch population going them I am all for it. Its rally nice to have a perch fishery like this right in our own backyard.

FISH TRACKER 07-06-2009 07:58 AM

[quote="The Little King"]I can't remember all the details but at one of the lake michigan spring meetings The DNR biologist said they need to cut back the number of perch that were beening taken out of the lake. July had the highest number of people fishing and bagging perch so they closed it in July.

If closing the season in July will keep the perch population going them I am all for it. Its rally nice to have a perch fishery like this right in our own backyard.[/quot

I agree it has been many years since we have seen the size perch in the #'s being caught today. In boats and for the shore fisherman. The perch are one of the last indiginous fish left in the Lake Michigan Illinois waters. Salmon stocked,Lake Trout decimated,Round Gobie invader, Zebra Mussle invader, numerous plant species invader.
I don't know how old you are but there was a time that my son will not be able to enjoy with me as I did my father SMELT FISHING GONE! I can remember in the early sixties going to Navey Pier and seeing fisherman pulling hearing out one after another GONE! Alewive population GONE! and with it the salmon and Trout population is dwindling. The Salmon were introduced to decrease the # of alewive and they did along with the smelt. I may catch flack for this but you sound more like a POLITICIAN than a fisherman. So do everyone a favor and do what most politicians should do. Take your own advice and
:)2 SHUT UP!!!

RonG 07-06-2009 09:04 AM

The lowly perch aren't even being caught or fished for and they are still causing controversy this month.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ressions-1.gif

-----------------------------------
RoundGobie

FishinMatt 07-06-2009 09:11 AM

:o

fishnmagician 07-06-2009 10:08 AM

Wow ..... two "shut ups" in one thread. :o