6/9 LakeFront Drama - Page 3 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: 6/9 LakeFront Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoy
The way I see things I guess is different than others. Post pics and only give enough info to let others know the fish are around, no need to give exact locations or the spot you are fishing or you will have an armada of boats and some profitting off of the info. I think it's better to let people do their own work and if you find the mother load you can always go back the next day and fish in peace and not have some ignorant person throwing an anchor 5' from your boat. Thats the way I see things....To much time and money spent to just come home and spoon feed others on the internet...
I fully agree with your point of view, PoorBoy. However, some details like bait/lures used, technique, and general location can be shared without sacrificing your ability to repeat prior success without being overcrowded. I agree that exact GPS coordinates or locations are unnecessary, but information as to which harbor or what feet-of-water fish are found in is general enough to help others without giving away your honey-hole. I do feel, though, if you're not giving people information to improve their chance of success, then all you're doing is bragging.

And, maybe its just me, but if I was able to post a report that helped someone like tpreston get himself and a couple kids on some fish, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
frisbee3557 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja-knee-sea
They are slacking a bit, but there aren't many reports from Lake Michigan except the State Park in Zion, and then mostly for pot... Check June of last years... It's the same... Most of us are in Region #2
http://dnr.state.il.us/law3/report/index.htm
Hey JKS what 2011 numbers are you seeing to compare to 2010? I dont see june 2011 listed.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee3557
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoy
The way I see things I guess is different than others. Post pics and only give enough info to let others know the fish are around, no need to give exact locations or the spot you are fishing or you will have an armada of boats and some profitting off of the info. I think it's better to let people do their own work and if you find the mother load you can always go back the next day and fish in peace and not have some ignorant person throwing an anchor 5' from your boat. Thats the way I see things....To much time and money spent to just come home and spoon feed others on the internet...
I fully agree with your point of view, PoorBoy. However, some details like bait/lures used, technique, and general location can be shared without sacrificing your ability to repeat prior success without being overcrowded. I agree that exact GPS coordinates or locations are unnecessary, but information as to which harbor or what feet-of-water fish are found in is general enough to help others without giving away your honey-hole. I do feel, though, if you're not giving people information to improve their chance of success, then all you're doing is bragging.

And, maybe its just me, but if I was able to post a report that helped someone like tpreston get himself and a couple kids on some fish, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I respect your opinion. However, it is just a hobby so there is no need to get all bent out of shape. I will continue to scout and "network" to find the fish. That is why I am the best and I am a legend.

-bahhhhhhhh
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Outdoors
Hey JKS what 2011 numbers are you seeing to compare to 2010? I dont see june 2011 listed.
I meant to use June 2010 as an example of where "The Action Is"... I noticed the reports stopped in February so I mentioned that they were slacking... You have to keep checking the IDNR site, because 1 day there is nothing and the next there is 4 months worth... Never much activity from the Chicago lakefront listed, I guess was my point... I get lost sometimes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

There is plenty of information on this site to get anyone pointed in the correct direction as far as shore perch fishing goes. I was on ano*her site as AuroraBri and I put extremely detailed information on there, bait of choice, location, timing. Then for the next week I could not fish there because literaly 5 guys were standing in the spot I posted about fishing. It took me 3 years of learning, scouting, trial and error and most of all getting skunked to get where I am today.

I have found that there are two types of reports, information and bragging. I used to get upset with the bragging reports, however I have learned that these reports are also very helpful. At least you know that fish are around. There have been many times I have read reports on days that I have had little or no success and guys are out there killing them. It inspired me to scout around, find out what I am doing wrong. Is it technique, location, bait, timing?

With that being said, as the summer moves on I will put more details on my post. But if you read my title and there is no location, there will be very few details regarding the location of my outing. Rather than get upset, don't read the report. No problem. I will say that I have provided my bait of choice, plastics. I happen to use a bleeding shad tube jig. Works for me but most guys seem to prefer some sort of tiny fluke or paddlebug. Many also go with shad raps. Others still use minnows, worms or soft shells. I can tell you what to use but unless you get out there and watch with your own eyes how to work the bait, it simply doesn't matter.

Regarding the kids: I have two young boys as well. I did not bring them perching until I really got my arms around how to fish. Perch fishing can be very tricky and bringing a couple of young boys downtown at 5am only to get skunked was a bad idea for me. As I have gotten a little better about predicting success, I have brought the boys down and they have been able to catch some fish.

I am not trying to be difficult, but there are alot of people who read these posts. I need to protect some of what (where) I do. It has taken a great deal of time and effort to accrue the information. I'm sure you can understand. Take care.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

In your original post you said "I took home 7 fish in the hour that I was there. A surprising total. I am glad that I was able to get out there today. Waves would have made getting out on the water impossible. Sometimes it's good to be bound to shore." That tells the reader that...
1. The fish were there (wherever "there" is) and they were hitting pretty good.
3. Waves were significant.
4. You were shore fishing.
Later, you said "I have found that there are two types of reports, information and bragging."

Since there is little (to no) information in your post that would be useful or helpful to others; I ask you, which "type" of report did you provide?

Finding perch by understanding their habits, and developing the techniques to catch them takes time. Time many of us wish we had...but don't. So instead, we rely on the reports of those who do. That's one of the really great attractions to fishing and to "outdoorsmen" in general. In my experience, they have always been friendly and even anxious to help-out those who aren't as skilled or knowledgeable.

Now, please understand that I am not in any way blaming you for not sharing your information. I'm sure you're a great guy and if we ever met, I'm sure we'd get along well together. But I will say this...you missed an opportunity to help introduce two young boys to Chicago perch fishing. We got skunked. Not even one bump. 4:45 - 10:00 am...nothing. And while my 10 year old seemed to take it in stride, my 13 year old has made it clear that he will not be joining us when we try again.

Again...not your fault; but some useful information may have made a big difference.

I wish good luck to everyone this season. And if (when) I do find them, I will be sure to let you all know.
tpreston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

2 posts and you want to be spoonfed information?

I prefer to Die on my feet than Live on my knees

Quote:
2sac is not bassalarro material.
2sac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpreston
Since there is little (to no) information in your post that would be useful or helpful to others; I ask you, which "type" of report did you provide?
Like I said before, I told you everything except where I was fishing. I will not disclose that until I return to the masses later in the summer over at Burnham or Montrose. If you do not see a specific location in my title figure you need to find out where the perch are elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Sheesh ! It's not rocket science. Look for water, feed fish, catch fish, eat fish. ANYWHERE on the lakefront. When the perch are goin' ya can catch 'em on dam near anything. There are no secret spots. The bird house, the sanctuary, the SW part of the handicapped pier at belmont, couple spots at Diversey, Monroe, The Planetarium, 39th st. Gimme a break. Perch are 2nd only to bluegills for ease in catching.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joematousek
2 posts and you want to be spoonfed information?
I thought that was the purpose of this forum. Sorry. It won't happen again.
tpreston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in