6/9 LakeFront Drama - Page 4 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default Re: 6/9 LakeFront Drama

The purpose of this forum is to build a working relationship with other fishermen and sportsmen. Not to spoon feed information to everyone and their brother. No one knows you from the next guy and you may or may not be a bucket head. If you don't know what a bucket head is, use the search function on this site and look it up. Maybe instead of coming here expecting people to give up information they may have worked years for, you should...again use the search function to get older info which can be relavent. Post some info of your own, and build a relationship with other fishermen on this site. Many, many guys will share all that they know. But not to strangers. Your welcome.

I prefer to Die on my feet than Live on my knees

Quote:
2sac is not bassalarro material.
2sac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big saw
Sheesh ! It's not rocket science. Look for water, feed fish, catch fish, eat fish. ANYWHERE on the lakefront. When the perch are goin' ya can catch 'em on dam near anything. There are no secret spots. The bird house, the sanctuary, the SW part of the handicapped pier at belmont, couple spots at Diversey, Monroe, The Planetarium, 39th st. Gimme a break. Perch are 2nd only to bluegills for ease in catching.
Awww ****. If it's that easy, maybe I should try it sometime. With your guidance saw, I could become a natural. Is there a CLF discount on your book?

I prefer to Die on my feet than Live on my knees

Quote:
2sac is not bassalarro material.
2sac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

NO Discounts. I need all the money ! Softshells are expensive.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big saw
Sheesh ! It's not rocket science. Look for water, feed fish, catch fish, eat fish. ANYWHERE on the lakefront. When the perch are goin' ya can catch 'em on dam near anything. There are no secret spots. The bird house, the sanctuary, the SW part of the handicapped pier at belmont, couple spots at Diversey, Monroe, The Planetarium, 39th st. Gimme a break. Perch are 2nd only to bluegills for ease in catching.
BS you make it sound so easy, but you posted the other day you also went home with an empty bucket ....

tpreston,
Don't give up so early my friend! Possibly within the next few days you will be at the soup kitchen getting a free meal. The table will neatly set and dinner will be served. I would recommend purchasing the novel recently being mass produced by Mr. Big Saw himself. Read it word for word and you and your loved ones will be running to the car with buckets along with the thousands of other readers....

Poorboy

And some people just never cease to amaze me ....
PoorBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 AM   #35 (permalink)

I elected to leave with no fish the other day. I was instructing the masses on various perchin' tecniques. As a rule I only select those fish OVER 15 inches for myself. All under size fish go back for the bucketeers.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #36 (permalink)

Did the culprit have a bucket?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

Honestly, every report is informative... You just need to do some research and "read between the lines".... I've learned a ton on info on where to fish on Salmon/Trout websites that specifically BAN the giving on specific locations... This is no different... If the fish are coming from "A Chicago Harbor", you just took 30 miles of potential shoreline down to about a mile or two of fishing area... Then within that area, there are specific areas that I know could hold fish given the conditions that I can look up through Weather.com or AccuWeather... Now that 30 miles is down to a couple hundred yards of shoreline that can easily be accessed and fished... And all from the phrase "A Chicago Harbor"...

Do your homework and you will be rewarded... It's not rocket science... It's just the lazy being lazy... Some things in life you have to work for... Fishing is one of those things...
Old 06-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Tom (tpreston),
You will need to develop a pretty thick skin to use this board on a regular basis. It does not take much to rile up a bunch of fisherman. Also, as a new member spend some time searching past posts, there is a wealth of information posted over the years.
Skip
lost sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost sailor
Tom (tpreston),
You will need to develop a pretty thick skin to use this board on a regular basis. It does not take much to rile up a bunch of fisherman. Also, as a new member spend some time searching past posts, there is a wealth of information posted over the years.
Skip
just like some other un-named forums in the city, a small group of guys pretends to be the noob police and bust balls because they have a few fish under their belt, and are victims of their own smug pollution. If they tooted their own horns any more, they'd be twittering pics of themselves in gray underwear to every member of CLF. They want to be the only guys who fish a 'spot' ever, so they can brag their hearts out; while some of us keep our very best outings off the board completely... so those guys don't follow us there and act like they discovered it.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

washhusky102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in