» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   Perch Fishing (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   6/9 LakeFront Drama (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73487)

bunker25 06-09-2011 04:11 PM

6/9 LakeFront Drama

Got to my regular spot today at 1pm not expecting much. With all the rain and wind, I thought the water would be really churned up. Boy was I wrong. Those of you who were out there experienced some great fishing. So go in fact, a guy from SE Asia was busted 3 extra fish. Looks like the DNR is spending some extra money on surveillance. They came up to the guy asked him for his licence and then they walked him to his car only to find 15 in the trunk. With the 3 fish he had in his basket, he is in a bad situation. I know everyone here is happy to see guys like that brought to justice. DNR told me that will be a HUGE (around $1000) fine as well as loss of fishing privileges.

Back to my fishing exploits. I took home 7 fish in the hour that I was there. A suprising total. I am glad that I was able to get out there today. Waves would have made getting out on the water impossible. Sometimes it's good to be bound to shore.

Take care boys.

tpreston 06-09-2011 04:34 PM

Re: 6/9 LakeFront Drama

Where were you fishing? I'm new to the forum and will be taking my two boys (10 & 13) EARLY tomorrow morning...in the rain. It sure would be nice if I could at least put them on the fish.

Thanks,
Tom

The Goat 06-09-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunker25
Got to my regular spot today at 1pm not expecting much. With all the rain and wind, I thought the water would be really churned up. Boy was I wrong. Those of you who were out there experienced some great fishing. So go in fact, a guy from SE Asia was busted 3 extra fish. Looks like the DNR is spending some extra money on surveillance. They came up to the guy asked him for his licence and then they walked him to his car only to find 15 in the trunk. With the 3 fish he had in his basket, he is in a bad situation. I know everyone here is happy to see guys like that brought to justice. DNR told me that will be a HUGE (around $1000) fine as well as loss of fishing privileges.

Back to my fishing exploits. I took home 7 fish in the hour that I was there. A suprising total. I am glad that I was able to get out there today. Waves would have made getting out on the water impossible. Sometimes it's good to be bound to shore

Take care boys.

2 Questions:
1. How do you know he was from SE Asia?
2. What was he fishing with and where?

whip1 06-09-2011 05:01 PM

:)2 :)2 :)2

Welcome Goat ... I like your sarcastic tone, it seems that you'll fit in just fine here.

Seriously though, where exactly was this man fishing?

RonG 06-09-2011 05:07 PM

Wow! You deserve a finders fee. Two new members registering to respond to this report. I guess the secret asian man wasn't as secret as he thought. There's good and bad in all races and bucketheadism is not limited to particular nationalities. I'm eternally grateful to the asian gent who gave me my very first two tiny flukes, showed me the rig and how to use it. :)2

I toyed with the idea of coming down this morning, right up to the point of it giving me only 1 hour of sleep if I did. But it would have had me fishing the whole time in the lightning and rain. Congrats on the perch. :)13

RonG 06-09-2011 05:08 PM

Oh, I forgot to ask, where was that offender fishing?

ja-knee-sea 06-09-2011 05:41 PM

There's a man who leads a life of danger.......
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger...........
With every move he makes, another chance he takes.......
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow............

BrookfieldAngler 06-09-2011 06:21 PM

Who cares about this asian - not asian garbage...

Can I please have the GPS coordinates to the spot along with bait and fishing technique

2sac 06-09-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonG
Wow! You deserve a finders fee. Two new members registering to respond to this report. I guess the secret asian man wasn't as secret as he thought. There's good and bad in all races and bucketheadism is not limited to particular nationalities. I'm eternally grateful to the asian gent who gave me my very first two tiny flukes, showed me the rig and how to use it. :)2

I toyed with the idea of coming down this morning, right up to the point of it giving me only 1 hour of sleep if I did. But it would have had me fishing the whole time in the lightning and rain. Congrats on the perch. :)13

I remember that song :)23

I don't know how to tell a southeast asians but the southwest asians smells like Chipotle.

Oh, by the way, where were you fishing? I got a couple kids that want to catch your fish.

triplexfactor 06-09-2011 06:57 PM

this is all gold! i need to check back here more often, I love all the ethnic humor. For actual substance, ehhhhhh it's hit or miss. :)20 :)20