Doesn't look good! - Page 16 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #151 (permalink)

Default Re: Doesn't look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchzilla
Last year they still let us park @ the recycling plant and walk the tracks...hardly never did well there in past few years...not worth the trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Well this is the end of a very slow Perch season! Ole mother nature will be sending us 45-50mph North winds and wave heights up to 20' expected tonight and through Wednesday.

Good luck to those who plan on getting out and catching LIMITS of monster Perch in the upcoming conditions.....

LIMITS, LIMITS and more LIMITS! 20 guys left with their limits this morning out of Cal Park at the mouth of the river, the bigger fish were caught on the Large Roaches so spend you last buck on bait and get in line because I'll get mine!.... Adios..

Poorboy
Thats that so much for fishing the Big Pond for Big Perch ! Do they still let people fish next to the train bridge at 95th st. Use to park at the recycling center and walk the tracks, havent went there in years since they changed the Illinos Indiana water boundrys . Does anyone know if it there still axcess?

Haus
Buckin Fin

Perchzilla Thanks for the info . It was always a hit or miss there .But it gives a guy a place to go when the Lakes showing its teeth . Only sad part is Ill have to give up my hard earned Indiana dollars to that other state. It used to be either licence you could fish there and the man was allways there to check you .

Haus

Buckin Fin
HAUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
I seen 3 boats anchored in the basin by the shipyard and all 3 boats were catching fish. They were tossing them back in as fast as they were reeling them in. Watched them for about 20 minutes while I drank a 6 pack.... .

Poorboy
I thought the King would would drink crown royal ! Is there shore fishing there?Where to you launch ? I dont know the area isnt there lots of tug traffic ?

Haus
Buckin Fin
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I seen 3 boats anchored in the basin by the shipyard and all 3 boats were catching fish. They were tossing them back in as fast as they were reeling them in. Watched them for about 20 minutes while I drank a 6 pack.... .

Poorboy
I thought the King would drink crown royal ! Is there shore fishing there?Where to you launch ? I dont know the area isnt there lots of tug traffic ?

Haus
Buckin Fin
Waiting for Crown Royal to go on sale, though I usually scavenge through the garbage cans and see if I could find bottles with at least a swig left in them. 6pks of Busch Light have been on sale at Wildwood Liquors on 143rd & Halsted for $1.69.
Launch out of Cal Park (free) and run up into the river, just drive around and once you see a boat anchor about 5' away from them, there's alot of friendly people that fish around there and it's all about teamwork! Or go past the second bridge and you'll see a basin area on your left. Tug traffic has been kinda slow lately from what I've seen....Though the fish are about the same size as you'll catch off of the wall at Navy Pier so I'll stay home and watch reruns of Bonanza (Can't afford cable). Geesh I love those Cartwright's!
As for shore fishing, well that depends on the type of vehicle you drive. If your vehicle is on the top 10 list of stolen vehicles, Keeping your vehicle within an eyes view would be a good decision and those areas are very limited, also if you do find a spot leave your smokes and booze at home because the guy next to you is more than likely going to ask for a smoke and swig off of your bottle, then again you might meet some new friends. Do you speak Spanish? That is also a plus if you do....Adios Amigos! I learned quickly...Buenas noches .

Poorboy

P

And some people just never cease to amaze me ....
PoorBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Poorboy
I thought the King would drink crown royal ! Is there shore fishing there?Where to you launch ? I dont know the area isnt there lots of tug traffic ?

Haus
Buckin Fin
Waiting for Crown Royal to go on sale, though I usually scavenge through the garbage cans and see if I could find bottles with at least a swig left in them. 6pks of Busch Light have been on sale at Wildwood Liquors on 143rd & Halsted for $1.69.
Launch out of Cal Park (free) and run up into the river, just drive around and once you see a boat anchor about 5' away from them, there's alot of friendly people that fish around there and it's all about teamwork! Or go past the second bridge and you'll see a basin area on your left. Tug traffic has been kinda slow lately from what I've seen....Though the fish are about the same size as you'll catch off of the wall at Navy Pier so I'll stay home and watch reruns of Bonanza (Can't afford cable). Geesh I love those Cartwright's!
As for shore fishing, well that depends on the type of vehicle you drive. If your vehicle is on the top 10 list of stolen vehicles, Keeping your vehicle within an eyes view would be a good decision and those areas are very limited, also if you do find a spot leave your smokes and booze at home because the guy next to you is more than likely going to ask for a smoke and swig off of your bottle, then again you might meet some new friends. Do you speak Spanish? That is also a plus if you do....Adios Amigos! I learned quickly...Buenas noches .

Poorboy

Ill try the Dawg house for a Chicago style and a DrPepper and see what the train bridge gives me . Thanks for the insite. And i do like tacos and drive a chevy.
P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in