ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

BoggzD saves the day at Montrose 6-21

16K views 65 replies 21 participants last post by  Panner 
#1 · (Edited)
Got out early, but forgot my jigheads on the counter. Called up Boggz to see if he was out and about. (Felt a little horrible calling him at 5 am.) Thank God he was just pulling into the harbor and didn't seem too miffed at my call and begging him for some jigs.

Bought three dozen jigs, thanked him profusely and headed off to spot #6.

75 minutes later...15 on the deck.

Smallest fish around 11.5, biggest over 15"

Thanks BoggzD, You saved the day!

I think that is Liberace?m

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Trying to find out the whereabouts of the ever elusive spot #6?

Few know about it and they are dead or sworn to secrecy. I only found out about it after retrieving the corpse of a very old fisherman from the icy cold waters of Lake Michigan. In his hand he still clutched a stringer with the skeletal remains of 15 jumbos still attached. Naturally, I quickly rifled through his pockets looking for any type of identification. In his back pocket I discovered his water logged wallet. Tucked behind four one hundred dollar bills was a piece of parchment folded over several times. It was very old written in an ancient tongue. It held the location of spot #6.

I pushed the old boy back out to sea and thanked him for the map and the car payment with a full open mouthed, tongue protruding kiss on what I perceived to be his lips.

His corpse then mysteriously shot straight out away from shore as if being guided along by some mysterious tide. I couldn't believe my eyes, but I swear to all of you that he was being towed out to sea on the backs of hundreds of jumbo perch! In the day's last light, just before his body sank out of sight, his arm jutted out of the water and gave me a wave goodbye.

No, perchzilla, you will never lay sight on spot #6, pud.

#6 ·
:eek::eek::eek:

btw, very nice perch !
Somebody ate good last night.

#27 ·
Don't get your undies in a bundle southside 13. And don't believe all the nonsense about SPECIAL bait and jigs. Use a shad rap, move around, and get perch like we do. Not really all that serious. Actually pretty easy.

#28 ·
southside, You are correct to keep it serious. Perch fishing is a solemn commitment and anything other than serious can get you skunked.

Online perch forums are the place to loosen up and not take everything so serious. But that's after the retracting is completed. Shad Raps only work half the time. You are going to miss a lot of fish if you stubbornly keep casting when the results are poor. Stick with the special jigs and special plastic tails if you want the best possible results.

This post has been deleted
#31 · (Edited)
Southsidefisherman, the jigs that boggzD sells definitely help in catching the perch.

You see anyone else posting reports? Caught 8 today before work at spot #6 on "Belmont Bling." Here is a 15.5"

You can listen to the people catching nothing or wasting money on soft shells or you can bow down and give praise and all adulations to the DrumKing!

God bless boggzD and his perch catching jigs. Also, they are deadly sharp.

#33 ·

I think that is Liberace?m
That would actually be diversey disco. I am glad they are working out for you. During our testing of this color, we also caught many brown trout on this color. We believe it to be a winner.:)2:)2:)2

New to the lineup is a color we believe to highly effective during sunny conditions/murky water. Caught 12 keers on this today, with a pearl tiny fluke.

We currently have not come up with a name for this color scheme, and would be willing to give 10 free jigheads to anyone who can come up with a name for it.

Southside fisherman: I believe I know who you are, and I will gladly get your attention the next time I see you out & about, and make sure you get some jigs.

And lastly, for now, I have to agree with big saw...One does not need high-dollar equipment, fancy jigs, or any other nonsense to catch perch, but..........................................................................................

It sure is a lot of fun:)2

#34 ·
Hey,look a hole its the internet there is no rule on what I type its different when I'm in school, and who ever made a fake account of me just needs to stop. I really don't care if get banned or not I'm just getting sick of all the smart asses. You people need to quit. If your gonna take time out of yourday to make a fake account of a kidn you need to get a life. I don't see any replys from "Southsidefisherman13" or what ever it was, but I'm sure the moderator deleted them. Oh and a heads up, some of you guys on here might know me as harborman and I know how fish for perch. Its just rediculous, I'm done with this site.

#44 ·
I like the bling on the jighead.

Jazzhands. Don't see that bigsaw character posting much. Must not have popped for some of boggzD jigheads.

BoggzD, I am in need of some more liberace and would like to give a half dozen Jazzhands a go.

It's kind of cool how you can see the flash of the jighead before the tail becomes visible. Also, those hooks are **** sharp. Don't have the problem of too many fish becoming unglued or shaking off when being hoisted ashore at spot #6.

I, for one, am glad that southisidefisherman13 has left the site.

Drumking

#45 ·
Don't see that bigsaw character posting much. Must not have popped for some of boggzD jigheads.

Also, those hooks are **** sharp. Don't have the problem of too many fish becoming unglued or shaking off when being hoisted ashore at spot #6.
That's because you have the brains to still use hooks that have barbs. There are some elitists that think barbs were a poor invention. :cool:

#47 ·
Barbs are for Boobs ! Those of us who catch multitudes of perch and other pan fish with incredible regularity find barbs cumbersome. De-hooking sooo many fish is much easier without the barb)s). Just too many novices on this site ! Tsk Tsk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.