My secret little creek. - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My secret little creek.

So my buddy but me up and asked if I wanted to go fish for a little bit. I got off work at 3:30 and to the spot by 4. Three my line in baited with corn. I out a heavy weight on it and a treble just above the weight maybe two inches up. Then I usually tie on a leader hook about six inches above that anyway the heavy weight is necessary here because there is a small **** under a bridge that nobody really knows about. This causes there to be a deep hole right below the dam and then the creek gets small and shallow again. So I'm assuming these big girls can't really get out to go anywhere. Anyway. I cast my line out and went to set it in my little homemade rock holder I have there. And BAM THIS BIG OL GIRL LATCHES ON AND BENDS THE ROD. It starts screaming out drag and it's game on. https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...1&d=1396454324

Then a little bit after that my buddy had one on and it had some fight in it as well. He went to go flip it into the net I'm still not sure why and he broke his rod in half. Lol.
https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...1&d=1396454475

I know some guys say people snag carp but we don't roll like that. https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/fo...1&d=1396454555

Had a good time and left by 5:15 to go out to a birthday dinner. Next is some panfish with the boy. I'm still getting my boat fixed so until then I have to fill the void. Can't wait till my nitro is all reDy to go bass fishing. But my son loves him some crappie fishing. This spot is too dangerous for him ( he's only 3) but when I showed him the pics he said " but dad I should have went with you " I told him next time I go I'm ugh a take him to go get some little fish. He then responded with " but I'm the best at catching big fish" well alrighty then little man you got it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (154.0 KB, 234 views)
Gonefishing88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure how to get the pics to be right there to see so this was the best I could come up with. Lol. I'm also using an iPhone at work so bear with any misspelled words. Thanx.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice! How big was she?

I went out yesterday myself for an hour with some corn and caught a 7lb. carp just off the island in downtown Elgin where the water is slow.

Also over the weekend saw a guy snag a 20lb. mirror carp in Montrose Harbor. Crazy man.

Last edited by habeebtc; 01-16-2017 at 08:36 PM.
habeebtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Love catching them... Hate them in every other way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8fSwzRzKGg
ja-knee-sea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

True on the catching is fun but other than that they are useless to me. Lol. I don't know what she weighed. I didn't have a scale and I'm not one for guessing weights because your usually wrong and then people criticize you for it. Lol. Nice catch on the river. Went to the Kankakee in momence and it was too fast. I caught this on corn also if I forgot to mention that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in