BowfishUSA Shut Down - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BowfishUSA Shut Down

Just an FYI on the national bowfishing site.....its gone. Here is an explaination from the sites owner and the new nat. site. Anyway, the guys running the new site are pretty cool. So look to them for any national bowfishing info you need. Im sure lots of good content will fill it up soon!
http://www.BowfishingCountry.com

from bfusa.....

I was going to give a long drawn out, detailed account of things, but I think I'll just keep it short and simple instead.

I made an agreement to buy this site from Curt Roberts in 2005. That agreement included a payment plan (of sorts), that we didn't put an end date on at the beginning (quite an oversight on both our parts, if I do say so myself).

Well, as you guys have seen this year things have gotten really bad on the forum with all the drama, and it just has not been a fun place to be most of the time. I started to feel the strain of it and decided that I wanted to be out from under the burden of the site completely. The first step to doing that was to pay off Curt completely.

I had not heard anything from Curt since March, where we were trying to figure out a final way to get what I still owed paid off. We never actually finalized that deal, and further emails to him got bounced back to me. He said he tried contacting me via email many times, but I never got any of those emails.

Not having a good way to contact him, I opted to just send him a final payment of various goods to settle the deal. Unfortunately when Curt received them, he was less than happy with them and he does not think they are worth the remainder of what I owed on the site.

That being the case, he alleges that he should still be considered the rightful owner of the site, and he gave me basically 3 choices. Give the site back to him, just shut it down, or we could take it all to court and have it mired there for who knows how long.

He obviously believes that he's in the right, and obviously I believe that all the documentation proves that I'm in the right. On that we will probably never agree, but I do know that the cost of a court battle far outweighs what I can justify to keep the site up and running.

That being the case, BowfishUSA.com will be shutting down this week. I am going to leave the site read only for a little while so you guys can pull down your PM's and other stuff, but this site will be going away soon.

A new bowfishing-only forum has been set up on a new server for us to use at http://www.BowfishingCountry.com.

Any funds that you guys sent in to be used for this site will all go to pay for server space for the new bowfishing site. The same goes for the site sponsors who paid for a year (or two) of advertising here. The agreement I made with BowfishingCountry.com is that they will keep the site advertisements going over there until those obligations are completed.

Thanks for all your support guys, and maybe I'll see you on the other forum.
Ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Who would have ever thought there would be so much politics involved with bowfishing.

Team Piece of Carp
Team Bowlite Pro Staff
CARPSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
JP

Quote:
Who would have ever thought there would be so much politics involved with bowfishing
Hang on Bill, it just gets better as time goes on. Remember Romper Room?
JP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yea.....hopefully the new site there stays cool....like ours!
Its seen alot in most of the outdoor sports forums though. Its easy to get caught up in......not that I would know
Ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Too bad in a way it's gone... there were a lot of good people over there. But there always seems to be the bad apples that spoil it for everyone.

Ejoe is right on about the outdoor sports forums, and it's saddening. Our enemies are not other outdoorsmen, but people who would deny us our right to hunt and fish. Get a bunch of prima donna trad only shooters on a crossbow forum and it's like stirring up a hornet's nest. But there are also people (like me and Ejoe) that like 'em all - trad, compound, and crossbows.
Strelnikov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in