Big Names In Bowfishing Coming To The Big Shoot! - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Big Names In Bowfishing Coming To The Big Shoot!

Im getting confirmation on some of the people who will be attending the shoots and taking part in the show.
From AMS Bowfishing Jeff, Cindy, Matt & I think Trish will be attending, Connie and Kevin Sullivan from Innerloc will be here, and I just got an email from one of the true bowfishing pioneers, Ron Skirvin, owner of shureshot points will be here.

Im actually very happy to see Ron coming down. For you younger guys (just about everyone other than me) there were a few guys who really brought attention to the sport back in the 70s, long before the internet. Fred Bear was one, Wilbur Corley was a guy who started the first mail order bowfishng supply company, Corley`s Bowfishing Stuff. Lance bought the company and it became Sully`s bowfishing stuff and then backwater.

Rob Davis was another. He pioneered stingray and shark bowfishing out in maryland. Had numerousmagazine articles and really rought alot of interest to salt water bowfishing.

And Ron Skirvin was always in articles promoting bowfishing here in the midwest. I remember reading all these. Like I said, before the internet there was very little info on bowfishing out there. Bowhunting magazines would put articles in in the summer months, and these guys are who you heard about.

Anyway, there are going to be some great guests here for you guys to meet. That includes the history lesson.
Ejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

A few more!
Larry Simms and Jeremy Leu from Rivers Edge productions will once again be here. Rivers Edge was one of the first companies to make top quality bowfishing DVDs and have been a friend of the BAI for many years. When we first started, I asked Jeremy to put together a short promotional vid for us, and he did this, 100% free.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/twKZ5u8wz6M&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/twKZ5u8wz6M&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ofcourse just starting out we had no clips of silver action, so this was all their footage from Iowa.

Chris Cass of Shaggy Dog Marinades will be here too. Chris not only started the marinade company but also was one of the guys who started the WBA, one of the first large and successful state wide bowfishing clubs in the nation. Chris also was the BAA president for a number of years and had the club operating at its peak.

Tom Willoughby will be here representing the BAA and Cajun Archery.

Greg Pyle will be here representing the Mid America Bowfishing Organization.

Bowfisher Magazine is a confirmed guest too!

Do any of you use Muzzy Products? Muzzy needs a rep for their booth. Dusty was going to do it but something came up. I talked with Mark from Muzzy last week and he is interested in having a BAI member be on the pro-staff. So if your interesting in representing Muzzy in a booth, send me a PM!

The vivacious Ms Ejoe will be representing the BAI in our booth and some other members may be helping out too!
gotta go to work ....more to come.........
Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

That's a great video!
8Frank8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey Frank!! Welcome back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in