Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - NEED HELP - trolling motor issue...
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
dacas1

Default NEED HELP - trolling motor issue...

A friend of mine recently purchased a used 50lb thrust bow mount Minn Kota off of Craigslist to replace the original Mariner bow mount motor on his early 90's Lund. The original motor worked fine, but was only a 26lb thrust and had an issue with the pin that releases it up and down.

We agreed that it was time for a new motor. My friend took it out for the first time and he claims it has no more thrust than the old one. The new one is a 12V or 24V motor, and his boat is set up for 12V. He thinks if he sets up a 24V system, that will do it, I told him I didn't think that was the issue. It's not the volts, it's the amps, I always thought, but I'm not an electronics guy.

We could really use some ChiTown expertise here, as we have two big fishing trips coming up this summer and fall. Any tips will be rewarded with secret spots.
dacas1 is offline   Reply With Quote