Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Waukegan 9/6 and 97
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
andyg

Default Waukegan 9/6 and 97

Sat night into Sunday morn I was at Waukegan. Not much was happening, fish were not jumping. About 10:00 pm a couple of fish were caught. I was about to leave at 11:00 pm when someone on the south side of the pier hooked one. This made me stay for a few more casts.

Then at 11:30 I caught a 3lb king, at 11:45 I caught a 12lb king. At that point I felt pretty lucky, I nobody else around me even had a hit. I stayed another 15 min and left. I changed from a KO wobbler to a Kroc for the last hour I was casting, but I think I was just at the right place at the right time.

The fish were both real silver. The run has not come in yet, I remember last year, when the fish came in there were multiple hits up and down the pier with the fish jumping besides.

We need some west wind to bring in colder water.

Sun night I went, saw one fish caught, 20lb female, KO wobbler, again no jumping or other hits. The fish was foul hooked in the side by the head.

Slim pickens so far, I feel lucky to have caught a couple.

andyg
andyg is offline   Reply With Quote