Kayaking Lake Michigan - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Kayaking Lake Michigan

huntnfish i will hit u up via pm soon but Choup please tell me why i would make a mistake yea maybe it would take aawhile to get a little far,but how much money i would save buying that for example no need to buy roof racks just throw it in the trunk and i could use that money for rigging, but im still hesitant on the fact that you should always "go big or go home" in other words buy something good at first n you wont regret it
KroZ-33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yes, the mini-x. The topic is Lake Michigan. IMHO the mini=x is not well suited for that. Perhaps you should search some of the all kayak fishing boards for a second opinion.
Choupiquer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

i have doubts too but unlike most of you guys who have jobs im still in school and play varisty basketball i have no time for work so money is limited i would love to buy an oncean kayak trident or prowler or a hobie, but where am i going to get this cash hopefully someone on here leads me to an affordable good kayak that can handle Lake Michigan mostly why the Future Beach Angler is on the top of list right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

Maybe search for a used one to save some dough?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

yea i was thinking that but other then craigslist and this site i dont know where else to look. i haven't even seen a lot of fishing kayaks posted on either anyways other than a hobie and a prowler both too much dough for me
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Most of the bitty yaks in the ocean tugged around by big fish were mothershipped to spot so unless your forking over money for a 200 hp offshore rig too. I'd just forget the short boat thing. I don't hang out at lake front but what I seen there just scares me. Not sure I would charter out let alone paddle.

I strongly advise doing a yak charter even just paddling down the river. It gets ugly out there. You need experience.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

never kayak in my life and would never plan on going to the LAKE without paddling a lot at other little lakes and rivers, but i need an all around kayak first
Old 04-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

I skipped this posting at first because I thought it said "Karaoking Lake Michigan". That would be a good way to get electrocuted. Kayaking is perfectly safe in all liquids except lava and pink slime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroZ-33
and while researching about the Mini-x(9'3") i came across a picture of a guy with a marlin on his line in the middle of the ocean on a mini-x and that's one of the reason why im leaning towards it

But what if the photo was fake? Then what?

I'm sure I could find a photo of a kayaker do'n Nigara Falls. Would that make it ok for you?

do'nt believe evry photo you look at or thing you hear in the news.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ed
Administrator

I agree!
Heading out on Lake Michigan in some make of kayak based on seeing a picture of someone supposedly catching a marlin from one would not be, um, very wise.
I'm not sure if your just trying to get a rise out of everyone or what, but if you're 18 and would do something like that I would suggest summer school instead of kayaking.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

look guys i just wanted some advice if you guys wanna make a joke out of it go ahead ik nothing about kayaks so what do you expect from me i never said im getting a kayak based on a picture have done my share of research on the mini x that even if i never saw that picture i would still consider getting it and Ed i wonder what you got on your ACT or what school gave you a full ride scholarship?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in