Montrose AM 11/29 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Montrose AM 11/29

Fished from 6-10am this morning. Drop shop rig with a pencil weight and a small red gamagatzu hook about a foot and a half up and a small minnow. Limited on mini perch. Only got 2 that were pan worthy. Also got a brown trout about 17 inches. Missed a lot a small fish and everyone I saw who was catching anything were catching dinky perch. Some guys were reeling in 2 at a time but none worthy of taking. Saw a couple moldy salmon swimming around and a huge school of baby perch, im talking 2-3 inchers and hundreds of them. They were right off the end of the red light. I mostly fished inside the harbor from shore, not the piers. The bite seemed a lot lighter today than yesterday. There was a lot less wind and a bit warmer, that is probably what shut them off a little. It was fun, I want to focus on some of those trout, they are fun as **** on light tackle. The brown I caught had scars from what I would think would be a snagging hook on him.
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Those "scars" on the fish could be from a snag hook but are more likely from spawning. As you know even though the eggs won't hatch the browns will spawn in October and November. Males develop that big hook jaw to hold a female for a moment when spawning causing cuts in the females and bumping up against rock and gravel can cause scars in both male and female fish. The important thing to remember if you get them and they look a little beat up is that if you want to release them most will survive. Sometimes they get a little fungusy and die but they are a very hardy breed. Good job though, enjoy catching them. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Scars from spawning? Not likely, but for someone who believes in racial profiling it's easy to see you don't use logic.

I wish people would keep their **** politics off this site, teabagging losers.
montrose boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ummm, thanks for the report rip. I hope to get out this coming weekend or next week so any info is very valuable.

Not sure whats going on with the whole racial profiling, politics, teabagging losers post. Thats either a drunkin rant or some inside talk that I know nothing about, because it makes no sense.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not drunken, just tired of seeing little tags like the one above about profiling, or the other one about teabagging politics. Whine and argue about snaggers all day, but the funny thing is out on the pier no one ever feels the need to tell you that they hate the president of who they support. But here all the "fishermen" put little smartass sayings after their names to show how cute they are.

MB
montrose boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

WOW , Someones haveing a bad day .

Montrose Boy , Way to go . You took a perfectly good , informational thread with no bickering and slammed it into the crapper with your own personal junk . That was prob. the fastest I've ever seen . Congratulations .
Old 11-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

dude! take it easy, he was just saying there is a few ways the fish could have scars.
K.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
teabagging politics
You must be thinking of those Tea Party people. Have no idea what that's about--maybe it has to do with legalizing pot or something. Some folks used to call it "tea" back in the day. Teabagging's totally different--more like a sport.
ChiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Umm Err Maybe the scars are caused from getting whacked in the head with a tea bag too many times. Sorry if I offended you Mboy. Just stating what many trout fishermen already know.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose boy
teabagging
is what your father should have done to your mother........
blakstne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in