Planetarium 3/17/16 - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2016, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Too bad it's not so easy to keep those pesky Asian carp in check - they're finding them all the way up to Minnesota these days!
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinlarry View Post

We, and by "we," I mean someone else, should put together a letter that we/they could send to the Illinois DNR to abolish it.

I would sign such a letter or at the very least peruse it.

Please add trotlines in that letter also.
hipster78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2016, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

The liberal mentality comment is funny in the fact that it's followed immediately by a make sure you obey the law schpleel. We all know that what's legal isn't always right and what's illegal isn't always wrong. My mantra when it's comes to harvesting of game is waste not want not. I would also argue that water conservation is a much bigger issue today than harvest. If the water is to polluted and uninhabitable harvest laws are null. So if your going to put extensive effort into any legislation change I'd personally put the focus on water quality issues. Anyways if you still go through with it as planned might as well throw jug fishing in it. I find a couple dozen jugs a year that go awol. And a handful of them wind up in log jams with catfish on them. Usually dead.
Polish Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyFinky

I wouldn't dare touch on the differences between moral, ethical, and legal. I know that often times the three cannot be used together.

I will back up my liberal comment by saying It is a leftist mentality to think that just because you don't like what someone else is doing, you then have the "right" to stop them.

You wont find many conservative minded people who think it is right, moral, or ethical to restrict the freedoms of others. I feel that you should be able to do whatever you want. Individual moral code dictates what is right and wrong. If your parents gave you a broken moral compass, then you will likely end up in jail, prison or a pine box.
MonkeyFinky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2016, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFinky View Post
You wont find many conservative minded people who think it is right, moral, or ethical to restrict the freedoms of others.
So I guess the Republican party hasn't been trying to ban Abortion for 40 years then?
habeebtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2016, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

This site has taken a turd in recent years. A guy posts a report about fishing and now everyone has turned it into ban this, ethics and politics.
1QUACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by habeebtc View Post
So I guess the Republican party hasn't been trying to ban Abortion for 40 years then?
actually it was the democrats that tried to make it legal. personally i consider abortion murder as do many republicans so in this particular case they only mean to keep the killing of another living soul illegal.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
actually it was the democrats that tried to make it legal. personally i consider abortion murder as do many republicans so in this particular case they only mean to keep the killing of another living soul illegal.
Gay marriage? Contraceptive based sex ed? Contraception itself? Teaching evolution...

It's nonsense for you to suggest that conservatives are innocent of trying to impress their values on everyone. As I said, both parties are plenty guilty.

Now. Let's get back to talking about fishing.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

i think this thread should be closed. Its no use to talk to someone from the party of slavery...
Old 04-14-2016, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
i think this thread should be closed. Its no use to talk to someone from the party of slavery...
Ah. So you're a troll. I get it now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in