Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Kayak dealers in IL
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
FloridaRigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_FromAZ View Post
Hey guys, so I'm getting the itch to buy another fishing kayak. I've got quite a bit of time to research and shop, broke my femur 2 weeks ago and have a fair bit of recovery time to go lol. I'd really like to buy from a kayak dealer as opposed to a chain (even though I love REI). I just prefer to establish a relationship with a shop and always like to support local/small businesses. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some dealers, preferably in the NW suburbs area but I am willing to drive a little ways. Offshore Marine Chicago is right down the road from me, so I'm going to check them out pretty soon. Would be curious to check out somewhere that offers some other brands too.

2nd part of the post: My top considerations for kayaks are the Tarpon 120, Ride 135, Manta Ray 12, and Quest 13. Basically looking for a higher end angling kayak that will mainly be used on smaller lakes and rivers, but would like the ability to go out on Lake Michigan from time to time. Any input and advice on these models or any others is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Side note: I'm 5'8" 110lb, so any kayak is a good size for me and I can pretty much stand up paddle on anything lol
i bought a tarpon 120 and a perception impulse 10 from Offshore in lake bluff. you should go there since they are so close. he'll let you demo the yaks at big bear lake in vernon hills but you'll have to wait for ice out
FloridaRigger is offline   Reply With Quote