late and current salmon report - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default late and current salmon report

I have to dust off my keyboard here in that it has been a while since my last post. Primarily because I have been busy as a one armed paper hanger on weekends. It comes with the territory when you have two wee ones. The fish will always be there...however the wee ones are only young once.
Anyway, was out 9-17 and caught 6 Chinooks. One fish came on a jigging spoon....and had two others hooked that came unbuttoned. Fish on jigging spoons were caught fluttering on the drop in 25' of water. They just barely tap it. Once it got light out the bites on the spoon became nonexistent. Moved to another spot and fished skein and floats and did fairly well. Wind was calm and they were barely plinking the float. Your float had to be barely buoyant and you had to set fast. One hen and 5 males. All fish were silver other than two males.

9-23 Report
Started off around 5am throwing a jigging spoon and caught three Chinooks. Two males and a female. These fish were all caught between 5-6am fluttering on the drop in 18-25' of water. I also lost another fish that broke me off on a pier. Once the sun came up....threw everything in the box at them til around 8...flukes/j-13/spoons large and small and they didn't want what I was offering. Also the fish stopped porpoising once the sun came up. Bobber top was dry the entire time at this spot.
Moved to another location and fish bobbers and skein and caught a good 7 or 8 fish between 8:30 and 11am. Around 11....fish stopped hitting skein. Hit three more spots after that blank, blank, and finally stuck two more fish on skein and floats. Lots of males yesterday....most of them were in the "bronze" stage. Stuck two hens...both silver as a dime. One hen was already dripping with suprised me a bit with her coloration. Fish were not hitting the skein unless you were twitching. By 2:30.I hit the road.
Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Scout, Illinois or Wisconsin!
Bossman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the report!
RonG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Poorboy

And some people just never cease to amaze me ....
PoorBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in