Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - k3 fishing
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: k3 fishing
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
hipster78

Default k3 fishing

River is dropping and clearing nicely. Swimming trunks, wading boots and a small waterproof tackle box kind of weather. Got out sunday 6-9pm, fished lower park. Waded out to islands. Flow made it a little dicey, had to do some back floating a couple of times. Threw various in-line spinners and larger crawdad imitating crankbaits. Spinners were more productive, fish were in the harder current not far from the break. Ended up with around 20, two around 17" the rest were all punks.(10"-13")
Monday 6:30-9pm, fished middle park. Waded a generally shallow stretch with heavy current. Concentrated around bigger rocks that affected or changed flow. Can definitely see a clarity change from yesterday. Threw various topwater baits and weighted creature style soft plastics. Noisier topwater seemed to work best. Landed around a dozen, one under 12", the rest 15"-18".
I know its summer, but most fish looked a little on the thin side. Two trips thru the woods and I've already found four ticks on me, beware.
hipster78 is offline   Reply With Quote