Coho Runs - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyFinky

I don't know what to tell ya. I went with a friend to get his boat from st joe and we stopped short of the city and set up for a few minutes since we had no troubles on the way over and ended up going 3 for 4 in less than an hour. went back out again on Sunday and caught no less than a dozon fish including 2 coho and a screaming steelie that took 400' past the planer before setting himself free. I havent found any fish close to shore but im also not looking anymore. I had a chance to speak with a charter captian in st joe and he told me the coho are out deep. fishing in 200'+ and catching them down as deep as 180' on the downrigger. I have a feeling more coho went up the michigan shore this year than the illinois wisconsin shore. There are few reports of kings coming from up north, again in deeper water. So far, it seems this coming weekend is no good for my rig. Good luck if you manage to get out.
MonkeyFinky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in