Looking for a new tent. - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a new tent.

I'm looking for a tent, ours got misplaced sometime between scouts and now. Basically I am looking for a 3 or 4 person tent that is no more than $100. Weight isn't an issue, as I will not be backpacking with it. I would much prefer something that is easy to set up than something light weight.

I could personally stand a 2 person tent, but if the girlfriend goes, her purse needs to fit inside the tent. Maybe I could get her to empty it out and we could sleep in that instead :P

Oh, and I would also prefer something that is not an obnoxious color, but if the tent is the one, color won't matter.

The Few, The Proud- Bowfishing Association of Illinois Swim Team Member.
ShadowWalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bas Pro has a 2 room 12x12 on sale for $100
fooman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply, but that is much too big for me. I need something that is big enough for two people and their stuff, but I can put up myself in case I go it alone. The only way I'd even consider a two room tent is if the one room is a screen room, and the other is for sleeping.

Actually, The 7x7 dome tent at basspro is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but possibly slightly bigger like a 9x7.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

I dont know about the tent at BP but alot of these dome tents that have 2 rooms have just a plastic divider that hangs down..
If you are near a Farm & Fleet they have a Coleman Crestline 9'10 x 7' for $55 and a Wenzel Pinon 7' x 7' for $22..a 7 x 7 is pretty small for 2 adults
fooman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ebay has a ton less then $100.

If your buying a inexpensive tent I would get some seam tape or sealant and go over the seams and use a can of camp dry on the entire tent.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Paul S

There are many 4-man tents that cost less than $100. And in my opinion, a 4-man tent does not comfortably sleep 4 people anyway. It is a more like a 2-man tent. Actually a 1 man/ 1 woman tent!

Don't overthink it. For casual camping most anything you get at a Dick's or Target will work perfectly. Good fishing
Old 06-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I want a 3 or 4 person because there will be a max of two people. The others I am going to be camping with have larger tents. I just need something to sleep me and one other person, with a little room for our stuff, for weekend trips.

Most trips I will be sharing the tent with my girlfriend, but occasionaly it might be the guy I fish with. I don't want the big cabin type tents, not because I wouldn't like the extra room, but because I want to go and camp, not wrestle with a giant tent Im putting up by myself. I use to be a boyscout, and the tents we had to use were the eureka A-frames meant for two. I know I probably need a 4 person to be comfortable.

Actually, now I am eyeing the bass pro 9x7 modified dome for $70. I'll check out dick's

Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Sticky

I would recommend checking out Dick's. They appear to have a pretty good selection and decent prices though I know nothing about tents.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

not sure if you're still in the market or not....

for v. casual camping, and no desire to spend much time putting one up, Coleman makes "self erecting" tents, and they're inexpensive.

Basically, you pull up from the middle, snap into top, and you're done.

we had a three person that fit wife, dog and I comfortably, and we camp for several days at a time, usually in pretty rustic conditions.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

A friend just bought a 12 x 17 at Gander Mountain. Reg $349. for $149. They had other sizes on sale as well I was told.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in