Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - horseshoe lake
» CLF Sponsors
Thread: horseshoe lake
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
panfish

Default horseshoe lake

Took a one day trip down to bag some ducks. 4 of us limited out on woodies in about the first 15 minutes of day light. Unfortunately like every other time I have gone down there it was a crystal clear morning.
Saw thousands of ducks leaving their over night rest area and going back into the lake. (right over us) We did manage to drop 4 mallards also that worked in. I think we had to go out and break ice about every ten minutes but all in all it was a very fun morning of shooting. It was my first time shooting woodies so that made it all the more fun. There are very few geese down there but a lot of people out hunting them. If any one was planning a trip down there you may want to call first. I have a number to a club that we hunt if anyone would want it. When the geese get there it is very good shooting usually. It is right across the road from the lake. Good hunting and Merry Christmas to all.
panfish is offline   Reply With Quote