Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports - View Single Post - Best depth finders for kayaks
» CLF Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
PowernFinesse

Send a message via AIM to PowernFinesse
Default Best depth finders for kayaks

I finally caved and bought a kayak. Granted it is an inflatable tandem kayak but still. I wanted something that could pack into a car and be set up easily for a quick day of fishing without the high price, garage space and add ons that go along with owning a hard shelled kayak. My current vehicle, girlfriend and two upcoming vacations also factored into the equation. I would use my canoe, but the thing is **** heavy and my car doesn't like me putting an 18 foot boat on top of it. Plus that's 18 feet of space it takes up in my garage. This little inflatable should only take up 2. Anyways, I'm not looking to go offshore fishing for kings or whitewater rafting. Maybe a nice day on the FPD ponds or paddling the DPR is about as much as I'd like to do.

Anyways, I was hoping you guys could recommend a good depth finder for under $200. I looked on Amazon and Bass Pro but want opinions from you all as well. I was looking at lowrance units but I don't want to break the bank.
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach
PowernFinesse is offline   Reply With Quote