On-Point Dove Opener! Labor Day is coming up fast, who's in? - Page 3 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

I believe we are meeting at 7am and I may get there at 6:30am. We do have a full kitchen and you are encouraged to bring something for our pot luck breakfast and lunch. Don't ask what to bring just bring something. I do believe Jamie will be bringing breakfast foods so lunch items would be best. I'm getting pumped up

Birdogman
birdogman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

I stand corrected Jamie is meeting out there at 6-6:30 for all those who are up for the challenge. I look forward to seeing you all out there.

Birdogman
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

What a great day!!!!!

The doves were flying, the beer was flowen, and the food was a grillen. What a great opening day for our new acquired Morrison Hunt Club. We look forward to more great times to be had. I will let everyone else tell their story of the day.

Lets go Hunting!!!

Birdogman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Default Lots of fun

Had a great day at the Morrison Hunt Club... What a beautiful setting for a hunt!!! The rolling hills & all the cover are simply spectacular, I can't wait to try for some pheasants later in the season! (The new property got rave reviews from CJ as well and he especially enjoyed swimming in the pond on such a hot day).

After the hunt, the clays were a blast and the BBQ was a great way to end the day. As always, it was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones as well. Captain Jim brought his son Scott along for the fun and it was a pleasure to hunt with that young man. He's going to be a great sportsman for sure.

Birdogman and Jamie are doing some really great things with that property and I'm excited to watch it grow. Hope to see you all at the tower shoot!
Fish/n/thusiast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)

My son and I hyeaded out out to Morrison Sunday afternoon after checking some deer stands on our property in Kane County.

We had a great evening with Jamie and his son once we found the club. Do not rely on Google maps for directions to the Morrison club!
We all went out for a nice dinner and then the boys kept us up until almost 1:00am playing video games when I needed to get up to start breakfast at 5:00.

We had a great breakfast, and realized the doves were flying very early with the warm weather. This sure didn't help as the doves seemed to stop flying early too?

Jamie and Jim gave us all a real nice tour of the fields which are looking like they are going to be in great shape for the season! Our pointer Mokka Man got one heck of a workout chasing us around the property and had a great time with all the other dogs. He was wore out on Tuesday!

We met some new members and we all shot some clays before the enormous lunch feast was on. What a spread of food everyone brought!

Cully, thanks for your comments on my son Scott. He is turning out better than his mother and I thought he would. And shooting better than I ever thought he would too! Especially when he takes my gun from me and gives me his 20! Really, he has been quite a bit of fun for us over the years, and I wish you and your wife the very best and am sure you will both get the same enjoyment with your first child arriving soon! Congrats buddy!

It was really great to see all the kids there and getting along so well and having a great time together!

Thanks to Jamie, Jim, Nate and all the members who made it out. It is the people that really make the outing!

Keep up the great work as the new grounds are looking great and have so much potential, I can't wait to get back in the fields with many of you soon! Thanks for the wonderful time!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Thank you for coming out to our first event at the new and improved Morrison Hunt Club. It was a great day starting at 5:30am when my son Cody and I arrived to wake everyone up. Capt Jim thanks for that excellent egg dish and to Mrs Capt Jim for preparing it. Moka man is looking great and Scot is getting big.

Cully it was great to see you again and if I understand the good Capt, you expecting to be a daddy? Congrats CJ did a great job out there and I am glad to hear you guys got some doves after I left. Would of loved to stay, but had prior family commitment.

For those that will be coming out to the club we will be putting up some blaze orange signs at key intersections so finding the club will not be a problem. Coming soon.

We look forward to having you all out again and with the weather cooling off it may be sooner than later. If anyone would like to see the last special deal of the year visit us at www.onpointhuntclub.com or www.morrisonhuntclub.com

See you all in the field this year

Birdogman
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Great outing Jim and Jamie.

My buddy and I had a great time. It was his first time out and needless to say he is hooked. Great food, birds & clays. What better way to spend the opening day.

Capt. Jim & Cully .. nice meeting you guys. Scotty is one heck of a trooper.

Looking forward for more outings.. Keep it up guys!!
mahasheer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #28 (permalink)

John, great to meet the two of you.

If he was hooked on the doves, the rest of the birds will be bigger targets and easier to hit! More to eat too!

You will have to get in on a "Flurry of Feathers" or "Chukkar Shootout"! Lots of birds and lots of shooting!

Yes, my son started shooting trap at age 8, and he has come a long way. This was the first outing he did not even fire his 20 ga, but took my 12 right off the bat. I am glad I brought several guns with so I had another 12 to use.

He is a trooper, and turning into a fine young man, and a fine shot to boot, thanks.

Hope to see you again soon.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #29 (permalink)

Mahasheer,

Thank you, we had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet both of you. We look forward to having you out many more times this season. Captian Jim is correct, you need to attend one of our famous outing and you will meet many more guys just like us. You will hear all the details of the day in front of the fire place while kicking back and enjoying all kinds of food and drink. See ya next time.

Birdogman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in