» CLF Sponsors
Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports

Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Hunting (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Don't Mean to be Negative, but.................. (https://www.chicagolandfishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57576)

Captain Jim 10-18-2008 08:55 AM

Don't Mean to be Negative, but..................

With some of the early polls, things are not looking real good for us sportsmen,well let me rephrase that, us hunters, are they? :(

I am talking about our gun rights in this country, and in Illinois more specifically! :-?

The upcoming vote we all make could have a serious impact on hunting and sport shooting everywhere in my opinion. What do you think?

Careful what you post, keep it civil and not political. :roll:

seuss79 10-18-2008 10:32 AM

Maybe I am missing something here. I admit I am younger "26" and am pro Democrat, but I assume that you mean that things are not looking good because Obama is leading in the polls?

Dems have been president before and we have still enjoyed the outdoors. So what if an assualt rifle ban goes back into effect.

I personally do not believe that much will change with Dems. or Rep. in the white house.

As far as sportsmen go check out Obamas website this link to see where he stands:

http://obama.3cdn.net/7d467fe75a3029d7df_hum6injwr.pdf

I understand that not everything a politician says is true but I really believe our rights will still be protected. JMHO!

I am not trying to get political or upset anyone but this is my own viewpoint so please respect mine as I do yours even if we don't agree.

Captain Jim 10-18-2008 10:52 AM

Suess, you still have my respect. I have to laugh at the "not everything they say is true" statement you made though. :lol:

I think maybe you should have said "Most of what they say isn't"? ;)
That goes for both sides!

Just renew your membership in the ISRA and NRA before you vote please. :-D

Hopefully he will just vote "present" on issues relating to gun rights that would impact us sportsmen. Regardless of who gets in, I don't like either one! :roll: God help us and as you say, let's just hope our rights as sportsmen don't change. :)2 That's my point, period. :-D

Choupiquer 10-18-2008 06:51 PM

"Although I attended every Sunday for 20 years, I had no idea that congregation hated white people" :roll:

Nikster 10-18-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupiquer
"Although I attended every Sunday for 20 years, I had no idea that congregation hated white people" :roll:

I have a bridge to sell in New York. Interested? :-?

OBX Fisherman 10-18-2008 09:05 PM

My bumper sticker says "We Screwed 08"

Reech

TheBigFish1 10-18-2008 09:19 PM

It always makes me laugh when I hear hunters, gun owners etc, say the Dems are going to take my guns away, restrict my rights, etc.. No truth to it at all. So, what if there is something like an assault rifles ban?

Clinton was in office for 8 years, how did your gun rights get restricted? Hunting rights?

Don't worry, relax, it will be just fine. Let me know in 8 years how much your gun rights have changed with Obama as president. If there are significant changes, I'll be a believer.

As far as the NRA. That is one organization I would never join. Talk about lies and propaganda.

I am a proud outdoorsman and a Dem.

Hopefully, my post didn't offend anyone.

Shabby 10-18-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigFish1
Posted: 08:23pm - Jul 17,08 Post subject: New to hunting

I have been an outdoorsman and fisherman my whole life. I would like to take up hunting. I am thinking more along the lines of upland game, such as rabbits.

After the FOID card, where do I start? Hunter safety course? Do you bring your own rifle to these?

Where do you hunt? Are there many public hunting venues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A babe in the woods? It's people like you that keep people like me renewing our NRA memberships.

Nikster 10-19-2008 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigFish1
It always makes me laugh when I hear hunters, gun owners etc, say the Dems are going to take my guns away, restrict my rights, etc.. No truth to it at all. So, what if there is something like an assault rifles ban?

Clinton was in office for 8 years, how did your gun rights get restricted? Hunting rights?

Don't worry, relax, it will be just fine. Let me know in 8 years how much your gun rights have changed with Obama as president. If there are significant changes, I'll be a believer.

As far as the NRA. That is one organization I would never join. Talk about lies and propaganda.

I am a proud outdoorsman and a Dem.

Hopefully, my post didn't offend anyone.

Naw I can't do it. I wan't to but.............. aw maybe I might? I have to compose myself :)34 LATER!

It's VERY clear that YOU know nothing about assault rifles? :roll:

Ejoe 10-19-2008 08:17 AM

I have no worries at all about politicians views on guns. The constitution give us the right to own guns, and the supreme court upholds the constitution as it did recently rejecting the DC handgun ban. If justices are replaced in the supreme court, and their views are anti gun there may be a problem. But right now, the only justices who are due to be replaced in the next 4 yrs. are on the liberal side. Politicians just like to use these hot button issues, guns and abortion, to rally the troops.

Thought we had no politics or religion posts on this site? No way around it, they will only cause 10 page long arguements :)3 :)3