Dont Mean To Be Negative pt.2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dont Mean To Be Negative pt.2

I honestly think one of the best things about this site is the restriction of political topics. Recently on a national bowfishing board, it has gotten so out of hand that everyone is calling Obama the anti christ (and seriously saying it with scripture quotes and everything!!) and other things.
There are plenty of political forums on the net to discuss this crap, I really think the site suffers when it go`s on . Just my 2 cents.
Ejoe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

You are right. This place should be a respite from politics. I was offended by the original post and probably should have ignored it. Politics should have no place in the field, on the lake or at this site.

To everyone, good hunting, good fishing.
TheBigFish1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Like I said before.. go out and vote, it lets then know we are watching!

Its also the single most patriotic thing you can do!

Me

If you are a conservative at 20 you have no heart, If you are a liberal at 40 you have no brains - Winston Churchill.
OBX Fisherman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

I refrained from saying anyhing on the original post and I agree with you 100% Ejoe. Whatever your affliations are, I respect that, but the majority of this site does not come here for that kind of stuff. I don't care how the thread starts, eventually anything political will deteriorate. This site has been down that road before.
FishinMatt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ejoe,

I tend to agree AND disagree with you. Yeah, this is a fishing/hunting forum, and that's what we come here for. But I think a little bit of politics is a good thing, for it helps educate us on the outdoor issues which we care so much about. There needs to be a good balance, and personal attacks need to be kept out.

I think Tube's responses were well written, and informative, and the original thread had few attacks...so kudos to all.

No matter what side you are on.....get out and VOTE! That is the most important thing!

Good hunting and fishing.

Mike
Da Bears is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears
Ejoe,

But I think a little bit of politics is a good thing, for it helps educate us on the outdoor issues which we care so much about.
Bingo..it's not like the discussion was the bailout or foreign policy. It was politics as it pertained to hunting or fishing. It might make the mods work a little overtime but I thought it was generally o.k.
Rookie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

Vote for Vrdolyak!
rubberfishwrangler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks DaBears and Rookie, I can see you took my original post for what it was and didn't read between the lines! Hats off to you guys and others.

My post was not intended to offend anyone (and I am having a hard time apologizing for anything here, but will anyways), and if you go back and read my response to the first responder, you will see I didn't take a side and respected his position/opinion on the issue. I clearly stated they all speak out of both sides of mouths on these issues! We all know they do!

I didn't make an attack on anyone, I just have concerns about what is to come for us hunters based on what had almost happened here in Illinois, or more specifically cook county earlier this year. Who supported that boys?

I hoped we could have some decent opinions on what everyone thought might be in the future for those of us that like to hunt with semi-auto shotguns or rifles! I hate to think I will no longer be able to use my 742 that was passed down to me. It means plenty to me!

I too think that Tubes and others hit many great points on the issue and things were going fine. I was interested in how others felt about the issue "gun control and its effects on hunters".

I'm going to be very blunt now, however I will not be specific, all of you over sensitive individuals who can't discuss anything like a man, who usually don't post here anyway, who don't care what you hunt with and might not even hunt, might want to go back to your fishing forums, have some cheese with your whine, stop stirring things up here, and we will all laugh at you when you too can't hunt with your Grandpa’s semi-auto or at all, and start to cry then too!

It is you folks that turn things around and change the direction of posts on this site! This is what causes threads to deteriorate and be locked. If the original post was out of line, it wouldn't be 3 pages before it was locked! What a bunch of BS!

It was the right choice Ed, considering the direction some caused it to go! Kudos to ya there. Maybe it would be best to lock this now too as the personal attacks from the over sensitive are certainly not needed.

"Fast Eddie V.”, your killing me!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm going to be very blunt now, however I will not be specific, all of you over sensitive individuals who can't discuss anything like a man, who usually don't post here anyway, who don't care what you hunt with and might not even hunt, might want to go back to your fishing forums, have some cheese with your whine, stop stirring things up here, and we will all laugh at you when you too can't hunt with your Grandpa’s semi-auto or at all, and start to cry then too!
Well, you really didn't need to be specific. Just because I don't post here much and may be a novice/beginning hunter does not mean I don't come to this site much. I peruse this site frequently for all kinds of information.

But Hey, some people don't have a whole lot of class and apparently, you are one of them.

By the way, Whine/wine is good, it took over beer sales in this country. I have had a glass many times while reading over the fishing forums on this site.

I ain't whining. Just laughing...at you. But I won't be specific either.
TheBigFish1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Like I said Whine! Go stir something up somewhere else.

I'm not the one who beat you up knucklehead. Furthermore, I'm not gonna argue with you, and if my original post offended you, I already apologized ok. (Even though I didn't feel I should be)

If you can't respect others opinions, you are the one who lacks the class.
Enough said, move on, go whine somewhere else. I posted to hear others opinions, if you don't like it, stop reading and go away. Don't go away mad, just go away. It's simple.

Have safe hunting season!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in