My neighbor shot my Lab! - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default My neighbor shot my Lab!

My daughter let my lab out this morning before school to run around our 3 acres instead he went down the street to a neighbor ( I followed the fresh tracks in the snow to and from) and while in the front yard he was shot in the right shoulder with what the vet says looks like a .22. ( slug is still in between muscle and skin)
Good news dog will be fine, out for the season I'm sure.
Will County Sheriff took a complaint but cannot do anything else,
Animal control says "legally" if my dog was menacing or endangering his animals on his property the land owner could shoot him. HE'S A LAB!

there was no other tracks in the yard as a matter of fact right where he was shot it looked like he was peeing on a bush.
I understand my dog should stay in my yard yadda yadda yadda
but he's a dog ( very gentle Lab) what happened to calling your neighbor and saying hey your dog is in my yard! never have I ever had that call or complaint.
So he's my question what would you do? to a freakin hillbilly in a rented trailer that shot your best friend?
PM me or [email protected]
hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kick his F-ing teeth in
rubberfishwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

He cant even be charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm? Sucks. I feel for you. I have a lab as well and Im not sure what I would do to the person that would try to harm him.

As for your hillybilly issue, break the last two teeth in his mouth. No,Not really. Dont make more trouble for yourself.

He obviously has other issues if he thinks shooting a dog from the neigborhood is ok. Be Careful. He will get his. But it shouldnt be from you. His day will come soon enough.

I hope your dog recovers to hunt and swim another day.

Good luck!
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

The type of dog is completely irrelevant. I know of two labs that are fierce guard dogs. But that aint the issue. Your neighbor is an ignorant douchebag who needs to get his arse kicked, and kicked well. Completely unreasonable response on his part. I unfortunately lack the ability to ''be the better person'' and would definitely respond here. Wait about 6 or 7 months than f' his car up, or find him at the bar after he's had a few too many and kick his drunk arse, or call the cops and 'help' him to a dui.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm glad your dog is ok. Whatever you decide to do, please be careful. The guy sounds like a whack job, and judging from his current life situation, it does not sound like he has much to live for either.
FishinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

This guy was trying to kill your dog. He was aiming for the vitals, and you and your dog are both lucky he missed. Perhaps his eyesight is poor from generations of inbreeding... whatever. I'd go down there when I knew this a-hole wasn't home, break a window on his double wide and drop a road flare inside. This guy needs a serious ass kicking, in the very least... Maybe that's not the best advice, but attacking my dog is equal to attacking a member of my family. Shoot my dog, and you better shoot me too. ****, man. I'm getting angry for you.
rubberfishwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Musky Tyme

As an animal lover I certainly find this sickening.

But are you leaving some of the story out? Is there a chance your dog has been running free like this frequently, thus giving off the impression he is a nuissance dog of an owner who is not watching him? That still wouldn't merit the action taken by the whackjob, but some people really do not take kindly to animals that are frequently not being watched by their owners. Unfortunately most stories I hear like this are under similiar circumstances, dogs running free with little supervision. Gotta watch your animals dude....
Old 12-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't get how people are so un-neighborly. Even if someone is with in their right and not breaking the law. Why in the world would you do that to someon who lives that close to you?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

How do you know for sure it was your neighbor that shot your dog?

Sorry to hear about your dog, but I'm glad he will be ok
mplant1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

First let me say I'm really glad the dog's going to be ok. I've got 2 dogs and know how I would feel if that happened to me. The person that shot it may have some real "issues" going on. There are alot of A-holes out there and sounds like you live next to one. Having said that, the authorities told you the guy was within his rights and that he can't be charged with anything. That should tell you something. I would leave well enough alone and keep my dog under wraps a little better knowing this guy is in the area. You can pretty much be sure if it happens again he's gonna shoot again. Talk of "what to do" to this guy and suggestions of "revenge" are going down the wrong road. Save yourself some huge trouble and grief and just thank God the dog will recover and move on. Just my opinion here, and it may not be popular, but I would just be the better man here, find a way to keep the dog in the yard, and move on.
Matt's right about messin with someone like that. Remember, when you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.

Now if a tornado happens to take out his trailer and leaves your property unscathed this coming Spring that might be a little interesting Karma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in