ever been kicked out of your own lease?? - Page 2 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

An LT should be most quick to point out that the person did not have documentation on them that either 1. Proved that they were a legal citizen or 2. Proved that they had permission to hunt the land 3. Had a FOID card on them to shoot.

These are the points of contention here. Everything else mentioned is based on assumptions. In my experience, a police officer would be pointing those two pieces out first and foremost.
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

A passing officer of any law enforcement agency was just showing due diligence by checking why you were stopped where you were. You may have had troubles that required assistance. To stop and ask what was going on was not unreasonable. You were preparing to hunt on land that by your own statement was posted “no trespassing”. A reasonable request after stating you were preparing to hunt would be to see proof that you had a right to trespass, show Proper ID to prove you were who you said you were, a drivers license to prove you had the right to drive the vehicle, registration to prove the vehicle belonged to you, proof of insurance, and an foid card for the weapons you were going to use to hunt with. GH I really don’t understand why you even posted this the way you did. In this case, you were the one who was 100% in the wrong and the officer was only doing what he is paid to do.

greenhead wrote earlier
Quote:
I am a hardcore goose hunter, ive got a trailor with 90 big feet in it and 50 just for extra. im on Back Country Quest TV, AKA Elite hunts.com. im on their pro staff. I have blown in numerous goose calling comps, own 7 different goose calls, I have been on VS, outdoor channel, sports mans channel, etc... i belong to a top goose club in braidwood( if you know the area??)

ok you get the drift.....
In other posts you asked about need for registering a small boat, information on the special put and take trout season, need for wearing blaze orange archery hunting during the youth gun season, catching 100's of walleyes on the Kankakee river but wanting to know where to fish for smallies.... and yet your on all those TV shows, and a pro staffer and you blast people for their calling ability and the type of calls they use, I wonder if they know how well you are representing them?.........Yeah, we get the drift.
localyokal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

everybody else on this thread either stated a story of theirs or helped me in some way. YOU LOCAL do nothing but degrade me for being me. no one else did that. so if you want feel free to comment positivily on my posts, it seems to me that you know alot and probly are a really good person to come for advice. but keep your negative comments to your SELF!!! did any one else go 3-4 months back and pull pervious threads of mine to degrade me? honestly LOCAL it seems to me you have self esteem problems. it also sems to me you degrade people to make you feel better, and thats fine. JUST DONT DO IT TO ME!

and yes you are right i have been on VS and a pro staffer for BCQ....ETC
your point is???
greenheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lt

Default Lease

To sum things up, the main issue I believe was the right to access the property. A person without an Id can be identified by checking various computer databases to confirm identity. No FOID card on a person and the other issues brought forth were not the focus of my posting. I agree that the officer(s) who checked him out were absolutely showing due diligence in their actions. I don't believe the decision to make him leave the property was justified as long as there was a reasonable explanation offered. Should a person provide a false story, and not have permission, warrants can be obtained very easily after confirming the truth or lack thereof.

Without belaboring the fact, always have an id with you, and certainly an FOID if you are in possession of weapon. It is simply good practice. As
Forrest Gump would say "That's all I have to say about that!" Happy hunting!

Lt.
Lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

completly agree LT. i just left in a hurry and totally forgot my wallet. thats probly why they told me to leave. next time this happens, and there will be a next time because my dad was there today and saw the white cars drive back and fourth 3 times while he was walking to his stand. sooooo i at least know where i stand with these guys.

thanks everybody
greenheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

so according to GHH and LT its ok for a cop doing his job to let someone on private property with just the word of the person they have permission?

As far as I'm concerned I think GHH should have been detained until everything could be sorted out. A less trusting cop would have detained his butt.

What an idoit running around with a gun and no ID.

I can see someone forgetting a wallet after a change of pants or something. Then I would think the person wouldn't mind being questioned and maybe detained until verification can be made.

Ghh has no ground to bitch at all he's lucky he didn't go to jail and his wifes truck towed until things could be sorted out.
cichlidfinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

I though this is suppose to be a place to post a little grief some times and give out some advice thru your own experiences good and bad so others might learn something.

Some of you guys on here might as well lock him up in jail and throw the key away.

I agree that some guys seem to have a little grudge and I find it meaningless. I think the message most guys should have gotten was to make some copies if you have signed leases/permission slips and have them in other vehicles they may use or keep a couple in their gear packs just in case. Have a plan to talk responsibly and respectfully and know what to do if you are stopped by a police officer or cpo. Some of you act like your more mighty than thou...give me a break. Give it a rest. You perfect people out their might want to look up the color Grey, because you act like its all black and white.
1QUACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUACKER
I though this is suppose to be a place to post a little grief some times and give out some advice thru your own experiences good and bad so others might learn something.

Some of you guys on here might as well lock him up in jail and throw the key away.

I agree that some guys seem to have a little grudge and I find it meaningless. I think the message most guys should have gotten was to make some copies if you have signed leases/permission slips and have them in other vehicles they may use or keep a couple in their gear packs just in case. Have a plan to talk responsibly and respectfully and know what to do if you are stopped by a police officer or cpo. Some of you act like your more mighty than thou...give me a break. Give it a rest. You perfect people out their might want to look up the color Grey, because you act like its all black and white.
WELL PUT.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

To say the cop had no business stopping a person entering private property is silly.

Example : Officer, while on patrol, sees a man climbing the fence of a home in the dark (private property).

By some logic here, the Officer should either :
1) keep on driving, or
2) let the man he just stopped, who was trying to climb into the backyard just proceed into the home, on his word, that he has permission to be there, even with no identification, key, etc. that may support his claim.

Bottom line : To avoid this type of mishap in the future, make copies, and copies of all your information, and bring them with you wherever you go. Keep them in your gun case, or shell bag.
And ALWAYS have and ID and a FOID card on you, when you are carrying a firearm!
Yak Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Sorry you feel that way about me GH. I was just making a point to the others who may not have read all your exploits from most of your previous posts. You claim to be a pro staffer and on TV but don't seem to know a lot of the basics. You ragged on me for posting about using helgies to catch fish on the kank and twisted my post to imply I was saying it was the ONLY way to catch fish, you ragged on the way the archery regs were written concerning blaze orange and called them gay (and they were very clear), you passed on negative comments about a poster who was looking for a tape to improve his calling skills, you passed judgement on other waterfowlers, who were hunting fields away, about their callinging abilities, shooting abilities, what calls to blow, what calls not to blow, and on and on. Now you make a post about how you are pissed because for some enforcement officer just did their job and you didn't even appreciate the breaks you were given.
Quote:
and yes you are right i have been on VS and a pro staffer for BCQ....ETC
your point is???
You have a lot of learning and growing to do and if in fact you are representing those products I doubt that you would be for long if THEY read the stuff you have posted here. When you keep your posts positive, so will I.
localyokal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in