ever been kicked out of your own lease?? - Page 3 - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

Im not sure , and PLEASE correct me if Im wrong . I believe that being in possession of a firearm without an FOID in your possession is a felony , in ILL.
Ask Tank Johnson .( Bears )

Good Luck and Safe Trips ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Walldady
<-------<<<
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QUACKER
I though this is suppose to be a place to post a little grief some times and give out some advice thru your own experiences good and bad so others might learn something.

Some of you guys on here might as well lock him up in jail and throw the key away.

I agree that some guys seem to have a little grudge and I find it meaningless. I think the message most guys should have gotten was to make some copies if you have signed leases/permission slips and have them in other vehicles they may use or keep a couple in their gear packs just in case. Have a plan to talk responsibly and respectfully and know what to do if you are stopped by a police officer or cpo. Some of you act like your more mighty than thou...give me a break. Give it a rest. You perfect people out their might want to look up the color Grey, because you act like its all black and white.
I agree with Quack, enough of the personal grudge matches, take those up in PM's or get together for coffee and sort it out please! Keep the posts and helpful info coming!

Sounds to me like you are lucky you were not cited for several violations. Not sure about the felony, I think that is for not having been issued a valid foid and being in possession of a firearm, not for forgetting your wallet and it not being in your possession?

Again, be more diligent about having all the right stuff with you, and avoid the hassles. I doubt you would complain about that same officer questioning someone else for attempting to hunt your lease when you aren't there, would you? Now that he stopped and talked to you and met you, he might actually keep strangers off your lease, working in your favor! I myself would welcome local authorities asking me!

My advice would be to consider this a lucky break, give the officer a bit of credit and move on!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #23 (permalink)

I would have my license and ID on me for starters.

Secondly...

Could the officer get a prosecution for trespass without cooperation from the landowner? I don't think so? So, I would have gotten dressed and headed out. I had permission, let him prove I don't.
huntnfish79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnfish79
I would have my license and ID on me for starters.

Secondly...

Could the officer get a prosecution for trespass without cooperation from the landowner? I don't think so? So, I would have gotten dressed and headed out. I had permission, let him prove I don't.
The burden of proof lies with the person that is about to hunt. One would last about 1 step, & then the crap starts.

Lets see what & CAN happen?
Arrested for dis-obeying a peace officer
NO- FOID,
Trespass,
Gun impounded,$$$$
Car /truck also,$$$$
Charges filed & bond set.$$$$$
Most likely Judges Bond, wait till Monday for them to be in office,
Court to adjuticate the matter,
oooops how about hiring a lawyer, $$$$$$
Missing work, 2/3 days, $$$$

There's more but get the idea? So to eat a little crow once in awhile is (IMO) worth it.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Nikster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #25 (permalink)

Right on Nik, better to have these guys on your side than have them peed off and gunning for you. Always best to have the law on your side if at all possible. They can make things miserable for you if you rub them the wrong way!

I actually hunt with a couple very respectable cops/ex-retired cops.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #26 (permalink)

Man, a lot of you guys sure are used to living in a nanny state. Let the police run roughshod over you and control everything. What is this communist Russia? A guy forgets his papers at home he should be flogged and beaten? Forget your ID and you have to go home. Land of the free and home of the brave only with ID.

The question that most should be asking is why can't we get rid of the foid cards.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother
The question that most should be asking is why can't we get rid of the foid cards.
Cause they help stop SOME of the riff raff from accessing guns & ammo
jessfishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Jay, your point is well taken, but it's a whole different discussion getting rid of the cards (and other regulations!), and I agree and support it.

However, as long as there are regulations in place, we need to play by the rules, and, if need be, turn around and go home for the things we forget, and appreciate the breaks we get when we get them!

Disregard for the laws and regulation is only going to bring you more grief and expense, and nothing good!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I hate knowing or the idea, that there are people out there that have "authority" over me. I like being my own man. Others reveling in that authority, just irks me.

Of course, I play by the rules. I enjoy being a good man. But I really like being my own man. Ticky tacky, Mickey Mouse B.S. drives me nutts.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lt

Default Lease

And we wonder why people don't post?? Too much innuendo and false accusations made. Let's move on already!

Lt.
Lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in