Another Rage Moment - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another Rage Moment

Today was a good day of hunting with a black duck this morning then decided to head out bowhunting in the afternoon. As the rain kept coming down I was asking myself what am I doing. I chose a farm that was close to home and was hoping to stick a doe. I dont hunt this farm hardly at all and earlier this year someone stole my pop up blind. The same day I found this missing was the same day someones vehicle was also parked out their but mysteriously disappeared before I quit hunting. Too many crops and such to see who's where. I laid a little scent trail down and set up downwind from a funnel. I sat on a double bull chair - No blind - and got about 5-6 rows back into some low corn. About 4:20 I look over and catch this buck walking down the scent trail. I knew he wasnt a real big buck but being on the ground w/o a blind is kinda special when you can pull it off. I grunted the deer to stop and wacked him at 25 yards. As he wirled I saw the alumanock lit up and the arrow fly. I figured I had a pass thru and could here the buck running thru the creek and making a heck of a racket. I didnt wait long with the hit and knowing it would get dark soon. What I found was a broken off arrow and it half covered in blood-not a pass thru, like I thought. I had a good blood trail then it disapeared at the creek. I was getting a little worried and followed it again to the creek. Trying to figure out how I was going to get over it I took a look down the bank and their he laid in the creek dead. The point of the rage was sticking out the other side and it wasnt until I skinned him I figured out or should I said was once again impressed. The blades were fully opened upon impact but the arrow then angled upwards where the blades actually cut a big chunk out of the bottom portion of his cervical spine. It then blew threw the opposite shoulder blade and the point was just sticking out with the blades still fully opened behind it. Not the biggest 8 by any means but from the ground at 25 it felt great. I need some salami so I am keeping this one but hopefully I will kill another this weekend.

1QUACKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice deer big bodied that is for sure.Nothing like being up close and personal but i believe thats why we bow hunt.Something about the getting close that keeps us striving for more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in