Meat! :) - Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports
» CLF Sponsors

Complete sponsor list

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tacotac
Default Meat! :)

Man, it's been forever since I posted on here last! Maybe because I no longer live in IL, but hey I am only a state away! I live up in Wisconsin in Washington county now. That said, I have quite a strange question to ask. I raw feed my pets and I am always looking for different proteins to feed as it is good to mix it up. I wondered by chance if anyone has any old or freezer burned meat they are looking to get rid of, or just cleaning out their freezer? I would be glad to take it! Anything like venison, herbivores, turkey, duck, goose, rabbit, muskrat, groundhog, etc. As long as it's not carnivores, raccoons, etc.

That said, I am not sure how close any of you all live from me if you do have anything. I am willing to travel up to an hour & a half depending on what you have for pick up (worth the trip). Even if you are in northern Lake County, IL. My folks live near there, and may be able to pick it up & bring it to me when they come to visit. Just putting it out there. Don't want to creep people out or anything, just thought this would be a good place to ask!
tacotac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Who lets their meat get freezer burn after killing, cleaning, and packaging????? Also, raccoons are not carnivores.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to tacotac

Some people do. I just got some duck that was freezer burned. You are right raccoons
aren't carnivores, but they are moreso scavengers like opossums, and carry some potent parasites.
tacotac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

If it is freezer burned the parasites are mostly dead and no dog should be exposed to the possibility of parasites. Dogs got domesticated largely by eating cooked scraps from the fire.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Raccoon are not carnivores? They absolutely ARE carnivores. Coons killed every single chicken in my sisters coop she keeps on her horse farm. And I know another guy who lost every chicken in HIS coop as well. Bull coons are horribly vicious meat eaters that really should be shot at every opportunity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotac View Post
Some people do. I just got some duck that was freezer burned. You are right raccoons
aren't carnivores, but they are moreso scavengers like opossums, and carry some potent parasites.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicago Illinois Fishing Forum, Information & Reports forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in